DeNoise 3.5.0

Sorry, yes, I meant 3.3.4.

Once updated or completed installation, the program does not start, with error (0xc0000005)

If there is a solution fine otherwise I stay at version 3.3.4 which works fine.

Let me know and yhanks.
Cheers,
Michele

I saved them all and will take a look when I can. If the issue isnā€™t too bad it might make it into the next DeNoise release, but will know more after I dive into it. Thanks for the files!

I talked to support and it seems like they do get this issue from several people. The error itself just means thereā€™s an incompatibility, so you can try to run it with compatibility settings (Right click, properties, compatibility mode. Canā€™t screenshot since Iā€™m on a Mac right now). However they have low hopes of that working.

I tried, it doesnā€™t work, never mind, Iā€™ll stick with my old version, thanks for the support.

Cheers,
Michele

m4/3 lens profile support for raw files is needed in Sharpen AI also, not just Denoise AI.

1 Like

The m4/3 lens metadata is missing from Olympus files as well.

The standalone has a black Update Preview button, but it used to be blue. Since the button is now the same color as the background it appears like the button is not available, but if you click on the button it works. Please change it back to blue. By the way, the button in Sharpen AI and Gigapixel AI are still blue. Why did only Denoise AI change it to black?

Dropped Nikon Z7 II RAW/NEF file into DN 3.5.0 and TIFF it made was much darker and out of focus and blurry as well.

I just tried to upgrade from DN3.4.2 to 3.5. But I got this message in DN3.4.2:

A new version of Topaz DeNoise AI is available: v3.5.0. However, your current license does not include this update.

So, I look at the pricing page, which says it includes one year of free upgrades. Thatā€™s on me; I missed that when purchasing.

Now I understand. If you want your Topaz software to stay current, pay Topaz two-thirds of the original purchase price every year. I could relate if it was an actual upgrade. But going from .4 to .5 isnā€™t an upgrade, itā€™s a bug fix. Itā€™s the same old app.

This is just a thinly-veiled Adobe-like subscription, only without anywhere near the innovation or value. (Itā€™s just a plugin vs. Adobeā€™s dozens of massively sophisticated programs.) And $50 to continue the DeNoise software is half of what Adobe charges for Photoshop and Lightroom combined, and those programs truly innovate every year.

What a ripoff.

2 Likes

This German site says that the new OM Systems (Olympus) OM-1 camera released this week is using Topaz Denoise AI in it to reduce noise in JPEGs and also the PC/Mac OM Workspace raw converter software uses it:

Translation:

ā€œIn the software (OM Workspace, since Lightroom does not yet know the OM-1) there is a Topaz AI-DeNoise optimized for the OM-1 already integrated. I have tried this out.ā€

That is not surprising, if true. It makes sense to license software such as this rather than try to reinvent it. Topaz and DXO have been doing this for years and improving. Hard to start from zero and get close to them all in one go. For example, many companies use Apical tech inside their cameras and in their raw converter software.

Panasonic i.Dynamic and Olympus Auto Gradation uses the Apical tech that is also used by Nikon, Sony, and maybe others. Here is a good article about the Apical tech for their jpeg auto shadow/highlight adjustment that does varying amounts in an image depending on regions:

Anyone know if OM Systems has licensed the Denoise AI tech? If so, I am surprised that Topaz doesnā€™t market this info. Probably the German is just mistaken.

"Translated with DeepL:

In the software (OM Workspace, since Lightroom does not yet know the OM-1), an AI-DeNoise optimized for the OM-1 similar to that of Topaz is already available integrated."

ā€œIn der Software (OM Workspace, da Lightroom die OM-1 noch nicht kennt) steht ein auf die OM-1 optimierte AI-DeNoise Ƥhnlich der von Topaz schon integriert zur VerfĆ¼gung.ā€

He writes that a software is integrated that works similar to the one of Topaz.
Not that it was from Topaz.

The translation software stumbles over the sentence structure.

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue too in DeNoise, Sharpen and Gigapixel. MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro, OS Monterey 12.2.1.

I just figured out why my screen was flickering. I had my window in full screen mode. Once I took it out of that I didnā€™t get the flickering anymore.

same problems with all 3 Topaz apps. 16" M1 Max MacBook Monterrey 12.2.1
Any solutions, thanks

I have a dng photo shot on an iPad using Halide. When using latest DeNoise on this and saving as a dng I get an ugly green hue on the entire picture. I see this when opening in the Preview app on a Mac. When trying to import to Lightroom, I get this message:
ā€œThese files appear to be unsupported or damaged (1)ā€.
This is using the ā€œRAWā€ module in DeNoise.

I donā€™t have any need for Halide any more, as my new iPad and iPhone both shoot HEIC.
However, I took a shot with it to see if I could duplicate your issue. Halide produced both an HEIC, which needed no further processing, and a much dimmer low-light DNG with a lot of noise. I also saw the notable colour shift when I processed the DNG in DeNoise AI and opened it in Preview, and I found that the image would not open in On1 Photo Raw and it completely crashed Luminar Neo. I donā€™t have Lightroom, but itā€™s obviously a problem.
Do you not have access to an HEIC copy of the image within the Halide app on your iPad? If not, try converting the DNG to HEIC using one of the free online converters. I have no idea if that would work, but itā€™s worth a shot.
And of course, report the issue to Support (I will raise it on the beta forum as well)

I do have both (HEIC and DNG) from Halide. I was just testing things out.
I will report this with support, thanks for confirming it.

Note, converting the DNG to another format (tif, jpeg or heic) works just fine.

Looks like it is happening (at least for me) on any Camera app if shooting in RAW (including Appleā€™s ProRAW).

Yep, a DNG I took using the On1 app for iPad produced the same green hue when edited in DeNoise. I will update the beta thread accordingly.

1 Like