DeNoise 3.2

If what is written here is true then a Topaz dng-file is no longer a raw file but a file where the color-data has been rewritten so as to screw up later conversions.

2 Likes

Nevermind

Yes, I agree.

Do you think that “DNG” output from DxO (PL4, PR) is any different after application of denoise, demosaicing, and other operations you make on it before saving as “DNG”? :roll_eyes:

It’s not just any different. It’s a world of difference.

Try for yourself. Bring a raw file from a supported camera (Not a FujiFilm X-trans camera since DxO does not support that sensor) into Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw. Only change the profile from an Adobe one to a camera specific one. May be there is no difference between Dxo and Topaz DeNoise AI for Raw-support in that they both lose the camera-specific profile once there is a DNG-export file with noise-reduction applied. But the DxO file does not look very different after that with a major change of profile. The DNG-export from Topz DeNoise certainly does and they try to present that as a change for the better. Anyone familiar with the effect of different profiles for furthe processing knows this is very important and can be very annoying. Anyone familiar with RealRaw processing here, with Jim Welninski’s Real Raw techniques?

1 Like

I do not mean how they “look”, I mean that the essence of RAW file is changed and on the output it’s not the real RAW file anymore. You may want to read this thread from a month ago:

Indeed, different converters and profiles will generate different output.

1 Like

Hello,

This may be the case. We recently bumped up the DNG version number internally to 1.4.0.0 because it is required in certain cases.

Update with the latest DRIVER Studio version… v. 471.41… and Same Issue!
(and i can confrim… the problem is only with the “STANDARD” AI model… all the rest, no problem!

I think it’s a program BUG… please fix it!

2 Likes

The latest drivers have a bug. You can either downgrade, or upgrade tomorrow when we’ve been told the drivers should be released.

Previous post explaining: DeNoise 3.2 - #21 by adam.mains

Ok i’ll wait tomorrow… but i update my 2060 SUPER with latest STUDIO Drivers released today (471.41)… the bug is still present form the 471.11 version of the drivers, release on 23 June!

2 Likes

yes. Same here. seems as tho only VEAI was only concentrated on. dissapointing for latest topaz Denoise AI & Sharpen AI, and obviously Nvidia didn’t fix it at all.

1 Like

I am also having this issue, it was present on both the 471.11 and now the 471.41 driver update on my RTX2070. Downgrading to the 462.59 works, but it is hard to believe NVIDIA didn’t fix a bug. The issue is also present in Sharpen AI on the “Too Soft” processor.

@ Topaz team, are you sure the problem is something NVIDIA will resolve, and not something on your end? When you reference NVIDIA releasing an update in the upcoming days, are you speaking of an update beyond 471.41?

3 Likes

Yes I agree. I have noticed the same thing on my Thread ripper system while updated to 471.41 as well. It is a bummer we are having increased crashes with Topaz software.

1 Like

With the new Pro driver from this week the Nvidia Control Panel did not start, i did get an error, so i did go back to the driver from may.

When i did look about the error i did found that it was present in a April Geforce driver.

The pro drivers are two to three month behind the gaming drivers.

This time someone at nvidia did sleep.

Mine has stopped working since update. Says error check Nvidia drivers. They were actually only recently updated. Happens with studio and game drivers

2 Likes

I have the latest Denoise AI version 3.2.0 since it came out and noticed when using it today that all my 240 dpi jpeg files were outputted as 72 dpi (as shown in the details tab of the Windows 10 file property) after running Denoise AI on them using the standalone app. Looked back at all the other times I used it this month (last time was only two days ago) and it always kept the same dpi (240) except for today. Now I won’t be able to print them at large sizes. Why has this behavior just started today and how can it be fixed? I made no changes in the app and preferences doesn’t even let you choose an output dpi.

Denoise AI is the only product that suffers, from processing errors now, with GPU processing, with “Standard” mode, so will there be a fix in next release (3.3?). Sharpen AI does not give processing errors now, in the latest release(3.2.0), VEAI also used to crash before, but the latest release(2.4.0), no longer crashes. Topaz is doing things right… now onto Denoise AI.

1 Like

Hey there!

Just bought the DeNoise. Can anyone tell me how do I install it not as a standalone but as a plugin for PS and LR (I’ve got the Creative Cloud and Lightroom classic)

It should be added automatically. Just make sure Ps and LR are closed when you install it, and you’ll need to run DAI at least once as a standalone to make it appear as a plug-in.

Did that. Nothing happened.
Found the way to add a PS plugin on this website. It works. Will stick to this one for now. Thanks!