DeNoise 3.2

They just take from Lensfun whatever is available.
And, at this user-to-user forum you may or may not get Topaz response :blush:

What version are you on? I believe we removed those placeholder texts several versions ago.

@ivkuzmin is right, we just take what lensfun provides. We do not add lenses ourselves. If you are missing a lens, then you can go to their github and look up their contribution guide. However that might be a bit cumbersome.

On 2.x.x, no point to switch to 3.x.x based on their performance and my needs.

I have the same issue, once again. The recent updates do not work properly, despite having the newest Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

I talked to support and they said the following:

The most recent driver from Nvidia has a bug. We have notified Nvidia and they advised that they’ve fixed the bug and the fix should be released on July 20th. For now, the easiest solution is to revert back to the May Studio Nvidia driver for your graphics card on their website: Nvidia Driver Update Page

1 Like

Hi all,

I am still using the older version of Camera Raw (5.0.0.178) and since updated to DeNoise 3.2 I can no longer open the DNG file in Camera Raw. If I rolled back to 3.1.1 there is no issued.
Just wonder that is it the DNG produced by DeNoise 3.2 is not compatible with older version of Camera Raw (5.0.0.178)?

Thank you.

I fully agree. This is no true Raw processing. The dng-file saved may have some sort of lighter color-profile but is one chosen by Topaz or Adobe. It is not the one I attached to the Raw file before going to Topaz Denoise AI. This way it does not live up to what it should be as a Raw processor. It is not up to ar with DxO. As a result it does not work with FujiFilm RAF files in a way that can be trusted. Noise processing should not interfere with colors or tones or luminosity ever.

4 Likes

If what is written here is true then a Topaz dng-file is no longer a raw file but a file where the color-data has been rewritten so as to screw up later conversions.

2 Likes

Nevermind

Yes, I agree.

Do you think that “DNG” output from DxO (PL4, PR) is any different after application of denoise, demosaicing, and other operations you make on it before saving as “DNG”? :roll_eyes:

It’s not just any different. It’s a world of difference.

Try for yourself. Bring a raw file from a supported camera (Not a FujiFilm X-trans camera since DxO does not support that sensor) into Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw. Only change the profile from an Adobe one to a camera specific one. May be there is no difference between Dxo and Topaz DeNoise AI for Raw-support in that they both lose the camera-specific profile once there is a DNG-export file with noise-reduction applied. But the DxO file does not look very different after that with a major change of profile. The DNG-export from Topz DeNoise certainly does and they try to present that as a change for the better. Anyone familiar with the effect of different profiles for furthe processing knows this is very important and can be very annoying. Anyone familiar with RealRaw processing here, with Jim Welninski’s Real Raw techniques?

1 Like

I do not mean how they “look”, I mean that the essence of RAW file is changed and on the output it’s not the real RAW file anymore. You may want to read this thread from a month ago:

Indeed, different converters and profiles will generate different output.

1 Like

Hello,

This may be the case. We recently bumped up the DNG version number internally to 1.4.0.0 because it is required in certain cases.

Update with the latest DRIVER Studio version… v. 471.41… and Same Issue!
(and i can confrim… the problem is only with the “STANDARD” AI model… all the rest, no problem!

I think it’s a program BUG… please fix it!

2 Likes

The latest drivers have a bug. You can either downgrade, or upgrade tomorrow when we’ve been told the drivers should be released.

Previous post explaining: DeNoise 3.2 - #21 by adam.mains

Ok i’ll wait tomorrow… but i update my 2060 SUPER with latest STUDIO Drivers released today (471.41)… the bug is still present form the 471.11 version of the drivers, release on 23 June!

2 Likes

yes. Same here. seems as tho only VEAI was only concentrated on. dissapointing for latest topaz Denoise AI & Sharpen AI, and obviously Nvidia didn’t fix it at all.

1 Like

I am also having this issue, it was present on both the 471.11 and now the 471.41 driver update on my RTX2070. Downgrading to the 462.59 works, but it is hard to believe NVIDIA didn’t fix a bug. The issue is also present in Sharpen AI on the “Too Soft” processor.

@ Topaz team, are you sure the problem is something NVIDIA will resolve, and not something on your end? When you reference NVIDIA releasing an update in the upcoming days, are you speaking of an update beyond 471.41?

3 Likes