DeNoise 3.0

Still not working

The Help menu in the app.

Same here - 3.0.2. Simply crashing on my M1 Pro 8GB after a while.

ā€¦And - the same happens on 3.0.3.

The driver can cause problems with multi GPU systems and FP16 hardware.

I managed to get it running with a clean reinstall of the driver.

@adam.mains @partha.acharjee

The question is also always on which version have they set that.

Continuing the discussion from DeNoise 3.0:

Topaz is sending back my tiff file to capture one highly over saturated. When you look at the image in Denoise before pressing apply and it processes the image the colours are absolutely fine. Someone earlier in a post mentioned the colour slider position, I have set this to zero.

In the past I always found Denoise AI results clearly superior to AI Clear mode. With the latest update I feel this has changed. Even with auto settings (which in previous versions mostly produced oversharpened images) sharpness and noise (both Low) now look better in AI Clear.

Has anybody else noticed this as well?

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.0.3

Operating System: Windows 8 Version 6.2 (Build 19042)

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeonā„¢ R5 Graphics

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.13469 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 21.19.526.1026

CPU RAM: 7080 MB

Video RAM: 1024 MB

Preview Limit: 4536 Pixels

Firstly make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date from the AMD website, if that doesnā€™t help switch to CPU processing as your PC meets the minimum RAM but not the minimum vRAM requirements.

Should those not help you need to raise a support request at the main website.

I do not notice much of a difference. Apart from that, Auto mode often doesnā€™t hit the right balance between denoising and sharpening. Do you feed the RAW files to Topaz? Or do you do some preprocessing in Lightroom or another converter? If so, may I ask you which?

Hey there,

my Denoise 3.0.3. has become completely unusable. Whenever I open an image (lately, used to work great), I get presented a ā€œprocessing errorā€. The same when switching from GPU to CPU, only then it tells me it canā€™t load the model. When I switch, Denoise shuts down and the change to CPU/GPU is applied at next program start.

• GPU drivers are up to date
  • Win 10 x64
  • 32GB Ram
  • 4GB VRAM
  • NVidia GPU 980 GTX
  • 8 Core AMD FX-8350

Blockquote
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 466.11
CPU RAM: 32665 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6169 Pixels
Blockquote

All other Topaz software I use works flawlessly (JPEG to RAW, Gigapixel, Sharpen and many of the old plugins, too).

Please help, Iā€™m on a deadline and I have TERRIBLE pictures to work with :sweat_smile:

Dont use the Game Ready driver use the Studio driver.

And important!!! While install choose Custom
not the recommended way and Clean Install (however that is named in English).

With my Pro GPU (RTX 5000) my lastest install was faulty because i did choose the recommended way from Nvidia.
Normaly i do allways choose custom and clean.

Iā€™ll post some good news - 3.0.3 is working well on my AMD Ryzen 7 PC.

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 1909
Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon ā„¢ R9 200 Series
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14757 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 20.11.2 27.20.14501.18003
CPU RAM: 16309 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 7128 Pixels

I compared CPU vs GPU rendered TIF image, 6960x4640, 184 MB, launched as plugin from Lightroom 6.2 - GPU rendered in 57 seconds and CPU in 61 seconds. There was no noticable color or detail difference between them.

I import the files into LR, no development (=all sliders ā€œ0ā€) except adjusting exposure if necessary, then export to Denoise and Sharpen (sharpening and noise reduction set to 0 in LR).

Just a few weeks ago, I have compared Denoise and Sharpen results working directly on RAW files vs my usual workflow (16-bit TIFF from LR), on purpose for a few difficult images. I couldnā€™t see significant differences regarding noise and sharpening, but it was very obvious that the overall image quality in LR was way better, eg. blown out, non-recoverable highlights in the images demosaiced by Denois/Sharpen, whereas LR could still handle this well.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Karsten!

Unfortunately, thereā€™s no studio version available for my system. Anyway, tried a clean install, to no avail. Iā€™ll try to go back to the previous driver version tomorrow. Thanks!

My LR 6.2 doesnā€™t handle CR3 files so I first covert to TIF.

I did run Denoise stand alone and had it process the same CR3 files, then render as TIF. The results were very different from the Canon Digital Photo Professional conversion to TIF as the Denoise was brighter and ā€œflatā€ in comparison.

My mistake, try the last whql.

Thanks for the observation. Iā€™m still noticing differences between CPU and GPU. Not huge, but some variation in noise granularity and the shift in sharpness acuity are there. In all honesty, though, the differences between CPU and GPU are by far less discernible in Denoise AI compared to Sharpen AI.

Just a quick comparison between DXO Deep Prime (NR) and Topaz Denoise AI. I used the result of a test from Thomas Fitzgerald website where he tested Deep Prime on a very noisy night photo. I took his original image crop and ran it through Denoise. While Deep Prime did a credible job it still mushes a lot of detail that Denoise recovered (low light mode).

2 Likes

I spent some time with the latest Denoise and Sharpen. I ran both as stand alone and processed a Canon CR3 RAW file. I selected a processing method in each program (using the ā€œautoā€ setting) then exported as TIF.

In each program I used the GPU and CPU processors, then pixel peeked at 200% and 300%. In my opinion, the GPU processed file was slightly softer than that from the CPU. But the CPU image had a bit of a ā€œcrunchyā€ quality. Iā€™ll try rerunning the CPU method but manually lower the sharpening a bit to see if the crunch diminishes.

This was true for both Denoise and Sharpen.