DeNoise 3.0

Yes. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT in a Razer Core X case. DNAI has worked fine with the 5700 until v3.0.0 came out.

I’ll try DNAI 3.0.2 without the 5700 in a couple of hours. VEAI finishes a 2-day run about then, so I can unplug it. Will report result.

1 Like

Hi! I was getting errors in 3.0 & 3.0.1 when trying to “apply” an image: “Error processing image, please try again. If problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI Processor in preferences.” This was standalone as well as Photoshop. Tried all different setting for GPU - nothing worked. So I had to revert to 2.4.2.

Just got the notification for v3.0.2 and I’m scared to install it for fear of seeing the same problem and having to go thru the install/reinstall process again. Does the fix “Fixed image output being corrupted when saving in standalone mode” fix my problem?

My computer configuration:

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 461.40
Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (8TB Total - all SSD)
Windows 10 home.

Thanks in advance,
…Jerry

This does not sound like it would fix your issue, although I’m wondering why you’d get that issue in the first place with that configuration.

I’d recommend you try to update your drivers, as there was a bug fixed recently I believe on Nvidia’s end although I forget how recent it was. It looks like driver 461.92 is the most recent release (March 17th). Your version was released January of this year.

If that doesn’t work then my best guess would be full uninstall and then install from the full installer at the top of this thread and if it doesn’t work attach some logs, but I’d understand if you don’t want to go through debug steps to maybe get it to work.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Turns out I’m now running Nvidia 461.92 but that was only after I reinstalled DeNoise AI 2.4.2. :frowning_face:

This whole install, reinstall, test & revert process took me a couple hours so it may be a day or two before I get the time to try the re-install again (and 2.4.2 is working great for me).

Thanks again,
…Jerry

Dismounted the Radeon eGPU, restarted system, ran DNAI as the sole standalone program running. It now quits immediately after launch. Have updated support ticket.

I will ask about what they did for this and see if we can pull it into DeNoise AI.

Were you trying to run VEAI and DNAI together with high VRAM settings on the same eGPU? If you want to run both on the same GPU then I would recommend low VRAM settings on both the apps.
If you unplug the eGPU make sure the correct GPU is selected in the preferences before loading an image.

Just going to check again, but do you have any images with this behavior I can use to reproduce locally? I can’t find any RAW files that have this issue.

if 3.0.2 is out can i just download that to get the latest version or do i also need to download 3.0 and 3.0.1

This upgrade is a total failure! Everything is seconds behind, impossible to control the mouse when applying a mask.

1 Like

Having a problem installing this on a new Mac. Keep getting messages about the directory Users being unable to write to. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reminding me about setting prefs. I’ve unplugged the eGPU & set DNAI prefs to CPU & Low VRAM. It still crashes when loading an image. No other apps running, and the Mini has 64GB RAM. This is a puzzle.

DON’T!! I made a mistake! :frowning:

I made the assumption that since there are separate versions of Denoise AI for Windows 7 and 10, that Windows 10 must be using the DirectX 12 Software Renderer on GPU-less workstations. This was my understanding of the case with Video Enhance AI, and why it no longer supported Windows 7. Since OpenVINO is no longer supported for Denoise AI on the Windows 7 Legacy version, this led me to believe that something similar is going on with it, so I thought it must also need DirectX 12 for OpenVINO.

This is not the case. The Windows 10 version of newer Topaz applications like Denoise AI 3.x still use OpenGL, and will run just fine on GPU-less Windows 10 workstations if Mesa files are copied into the application directory, environment variables are set, and the “AI Processor” is set to “CPU” in Preferences. It will then use llvmpipe.

I was further confused by the legacy version of Denoise AI 3.0.x and above (as well as 2.4.x versions) having llvmpipe built in, as they run on GPU-less Windows 7 workstations without Mesa files needing to be copied into the application directory. (I’m not sure if the environment variables need set… I haven’t tried removing them and running Denoise AI Legacy.)

Anyway, I updated my post way above with full instructions on how to run Topaz Applications needing Mesa for GPU-less workstations, which works with Denoise AI 3.x on Windows 10.

I’m EXTREMELY SORRY for anyone’s time I may have wasted. :frowning:

2 Likes

Since you seem to be like me now and are running GPU-less, try following the instructions I posted above and see if it works for you using OpenVINO / CPU.

This sounds like a strange issue. Are you running as a user who can access/write to /Applications? If not, can you write to /home/(your username)/Applications? Those are required for the app to install. By default it tries to go to /Applications, but if that fails it’ll try to go to your home directory’s Applications folder.

Yes, it is a bit strange. What I can tell you is that the issue seems to only be with the latest version of DeNoise (3.0.2) as well as the latest version of Sharpen (3.0) which I just paid for and downloaded today.

To give you more context, I am running a brand new MacBook Pro and had originally done fresh installs of several of your filters. I then used a Time Machine backup from my previous MacBook Pro to install my files and settings (but not applications). I"m guessing it could be something related to user accounts or settings imported from the other machine, but can’t really tell. What I can say is that Gigapixel, Adjust AI, Mask and Topaz Studio all work.

Finally, I did notice that on my new Mac, my Home was renamed to Jennifer 1 after the Time Machine migration even though I had named it Jennifer, as I had on the other MacBook Pro. Not sure that matters, but thought I would mention it.

Any help would be appreciated.

i’m not sure how to post a new post, so i just hit reply to jennifer 4926. this upgrade is not working for me at all on a new windows machine. all it does is spin and spin and spin no matter what i’m asking it to do. the application is of absolutley no value to me at all. i want my old version back or my money back. or fix it.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar enough with Time Machine or permissions on Mac to know how to fix this off the top of my head. However, you can probably schedule a chat with support who can screenshare and try to walk through permissions issues. Just open a ticket and describe the issue there, and maybe link back to this post.

If you need to use the app now, you can always downgrade to the previous versions by going to their respective threads on this forum. The latest links should still be there.

What type of hardware and operating system are you running? Without knowing anything else, I’d recommend updating your GPU drivers to make sure they are compatible with the program. If you don’t want to deal with troubleshooting, you can also download the previous release from this thread: DeNoise AI 2.4.2

Also to post without replying to someone, you can scroll all the way to below the bottom post and there should be a reply button there:

1 Like

With my internet connection it’s faster to do a system restore. Probably 4 times faster :laughing:

1 Like