Denoise 2.3 crashing on load

Just upgraded Denoise 2.2.12 to 2.3 and it won’t even start up - the splash screen shows, but the program doesn’t load. No error seems to have been logged in the event viewer.

Uninstalled 2.3 and did a fresh install - same thing happened.

Uninstalled it again and downgraded it back to 2.2.12. The program loads, but crashes immediately once loaded. Doesn’t make a difference whether I’m running it as admin or not, or whether I’m using the dedicated or integrated GPU.

2.2.12 was working perfectly before the upgrade. I’m running Windows 7 64-bit, for what it’s worth.

Any idea what’s going on?

I can’t be of any help because I’m having the same problem. At least I know that I’m not the only one. I too tried all sort of restarting, downloading and installing new and old version with no luck.
Hopefully a fix will be found soon.

If you have dual GPUs on your system make sure the high performance GPU is allocated to DeNoise and that the drivers are up to date from the manufacturers website.

For allocating the GPU to the application:

• Windows 10 - use the Graphics settings on the win 10 settings panel.
  • Windows 7 - use the GPU manufacturers settings app.

Note also that Windows 7 is not supported.

2.2.12 and earlier were working perfectly on Windows 7.

Please let me know what version drivers the dedicated GPU is using. Make sure it is the latest.

Notebook with nVidia 680M chip. Running the latest driver version (425.31).

Thing is, it was working perfectly before the update. Once I rolled it back (after the update didn’t work) it no longer works.

Ok, I see that if the latest driver for your GTX680M.

All I can suggest here is that you completely uninstall the version installed, delete anything in the Program Files and ProgramData folders and reinstall.