DeNoise 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 PS Plugin crashes

New releases crashes as PS plug-ins. Version 2.2.11 works fine!

Please go to Help-Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

Also what are your preferences set to?

Hi Don,
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.38

CPU RAM: 130949 MB

Video RAM: 11264 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Preferences: GPU, medium consumption
Regards Rudolf

HI, If you change to CPU / OpenVINO processing does it still crash?

Th 456.38 driver works fine on the 15/16 series. I have seen other cases where people have claimed that not having the GeFprce experience installed makes the RTX series (30) work properly.

Hi,
with CPU / OpenVINO processing it is still crashing. GeFprce experience is not installed. I am able to load the picture, but than DeNoise is “freezing”. Not buttons react!
Regards Rudolf

Hi,

Maybe this is a dumb question but have you set up DeNoise in the Windows Settings, Graphics settings to use your RTX 2080or are you using the NVIDIA Control panel … it should look like this:

And another question is Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling turned off or on? Same Graphics Settings page.

Hi,
it is not a dump question. I’m normally using the NVIDIA Control panel! In the Windows setting DeNoise was not configurated! It is now working! But why the hell is it necessary to specifically configure DeNoise in the Graphics preference?? I have around 100APPs on my workstation and normally should not take care on the Graphic preference of each one. If this is mandatory for the Topas APPs it should be mentioned during the installation process! Nevertheless, thank you very much for your speedy response!
Regards from Germany
Rudolf

Hi Rudolf, firstly glad to be able to help. Secondly Windows has now changed the way it deals with Graphics & GPUs and, as you can see from the NVIDIA control panel, it specifically says that Windows now manages those settings. It really just became apparent through testing to see what I could do to help … now there is a solution. FYI this is the message that now appears in the latest NVIDIA Control Panel:

In my case Denoise 2.3.1 crashes as stand alone application and plug in PS.
However Denoise 2.0.0 works.
I can’t configure windows to use NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 with Topaz. Denoise is not listed among the applications for which Windows could configure graphics preference.
Pls help!

The Windows graphics settings are only available in Windows Version 2004!

I have 1909…

Found 2004, updating now. Really hoping that this will solve the issue…

Good luck and follow the instructions of AiDon a few days earlier. It works with my computer!

Thanks a lot for your help!
Fingers crossed…

It worked! Thanks a lot for this thread!
It seems to me that Win 10 v 1909 with the previous updates is simply not compatible with Denoise AI v 2.3.1. I was able to manually pick Topaz and select GPU for graphics also in that version (however there was not separate switch for enabling GPU acceleration) but it did not change the situation. Now with 2004 with those settings above Denoise AI works again.
Yes!

1 Like

Sidenote: Topaz works now but it seems that Win 10 2004 broke Wacon driver… Hate these updates…