Dark animals i.e

I find that the Noise reduction removes almost all the texture? Even if you lower the strength. I then prefer to just sharpen…?

Could you provide us with some examples of this behavior you are reporting to get a better understanding of this issue?

Hi John,

Surely how would you like me to send it to you?

Enjoy your day!

You can attach those files to this thread or if you would like you can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hi John,
I took some random RAW photos, used auto just to start, opened them and went straight to Topaz. I would say that the buffalo that is not facing you directly and the albino hippo are the best photos to look at, especially the ones where I used denoise only…hope this helps. There were better examples - but I was in a hurry now…

Enjoy your day!

Hi John,
I received notification that you have downloaded my photos. I have not heard from you since?

ENjoy your day!

Thanks for sending in all of those files, what wonderful wildlife photography! Sorry for the delay in the response.

I found that using only the RAW denoise Normal AI model while working with these images preserved many of the different textures you are working with with that you had sent in. I will agree in these situations some of the textures were lost when using both the RAW denoise and the normal denoise feature.

For these particular images I would recommend using only the RAW denoise and Sharpen or simply just the Sharpen feature depending on the edits you are looking to achieve.