Custom Presets in Impressions

Hi… thanks for any help you can provide. I’m switching from the old Impressions plugin to Studio 2. I’m manually adding my favorite presets I built the first one and hit the “save preset” icon and named it. But I can’t see it in the preset list and it’s not in “my looks”… Where does it go? Where to I get to my custom presets once I rebuild them in Studio 2? Thanks much… Terri

They should show up under My Looks. The actual files are located here: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs\Topaz Studio 2\Looks\My Looks

Check on this then maybe Don can help.

I don’t even have that directory… under my user director then \AppData\Local\TopazLabs LLC\Topaz Studio 2 then I have QML and cache… and in the QML folder I have OfflineStorage and Database and an empty folder…

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now… guess I’ll wipe it out again and try one more time!

I unistalled, rebooted, reinstalled again. I still have an empty directory under this database area… BUT… I was able to build a look and a preset and save it… close the program and reopen it and then apply that saved look to another image… So they are saving SOMEWHERE… I just can’t figure out where…
AND… I still can not get the migration tool to import the custom presets from Studio 1…
Frustrating… not sure this tool is worth all this effort when I primarily paint with Topaz…

I FOUND THEM… apparently on installation there is a declared path (for Windows anyway)… I went and read my register settings and saw that my CUSTOMPATH was under my Document library… and there was the folders for my My Filters, My Looks, and My Textures…

While in the register, I reset the migrate parameter to FALSE… I’m going to try and migrate one more time…

Yes I know the average user is not out there editing there register… but then I’ve been doing this for over 30 years :slight_smile: sigh!

Note that the installer does ask if you want the local resources installed to My Documents folder. :grin:

Your local presets and individual filter presets from Studio 1 will migrate to Studio 2, presets from Impression 1 or 2 will need to be recreated.