Colour in Photo AI

I love topaz software but I’ve noticed after editing the photo with Topaz AI the colours seem washed out. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
Cheers Billy

I too am having this issue. the app rendering is totally different colours. Its very distracting. It seems to save the image without affecting the colour it seems. but this should be corrected.

Iv done some investigating! and as it turns out, this is an issue with windows and HDR. Turning that off fixes the issue. multiple editing apps had the same issue. apparently its a Win32 API issue.

3 Likes

Not mine Simon, I use an apple Mac m1

I am having similar issue with colours being washed out. interestingly the Topaz preview (small box on the lower left) is showing similar colours to camera and finder. However the main image is very light and once processed (even just removing raw noise) I find the colours to be over exposed and washed out.
Apple M1
Canon R7 - Raw
Topaz 1.3.11

Yeah, that’s my main problem ,the colours being washed out.
Im using similar gear to you Dave
ie, Apple M1
Canon R5-RAW
Cheers Bassa

Is the image color correct or overexposed in the output?

If the color is correct in the output open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Topaz Photo AI > Preferences > General menu. Turn on Enable sRGB Preview Fallback and this should fix the colors on your screen.

If the color is incorrect in the output, send the original file to my Dropbox. You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

The output Save was always matching colors to the original file, but for those where the display was drastically off - the suggestion to turn on Enable sRGB Preview Fallback worked for me. I’m running Windows 10.

Same issue here. When i send a ARW-picture (Sony RAW) from lightroom classic 13.0.1 (on Windows 11) via file/plugins-extra/process via Topaz Photo AI. The picture in Topaz has washed out colors directly and the colors stay like that when i return the dng to LrC.
Windows HDR setting doesnt solve it and the 'Enable sRGB preview Falback doenst either .
(In LrC addintioal editor for Topaz Photo AI : Tiff/ ProPhotoRGB 16 bits, 240 resolution)
what am i doing wrong here ?

1 Like