Color restoration and color correction

Feature would add additional option to existing, or provide a new model to restore / improve / color correct colors in videos, especially in usage scenarios where upscaling older digital (or VHS) video content to HD. Today in many cases even though the picture is upscaled the benefits are limited by the poor color timing retained from source file, usually requiring extensive post processing outside of VEAI.

Definitely something I would like to see as well as an improvement to the horizontal lines seen in old vhs tapes. At the moment VEAI sharpens the digital artifacts on vhs films making them more obvious. Increasing dehalo helps with the artifacts but blurs the image. A loss in all respects.

In other words VEAI is not able to improve on VHS tapes at this time.

2 Likes

I have also suggested this, many old video sources have very poor and washed out color information. Resulting in a grey or yellowish color tone.
Would be great if we could use AI to correct this.
Preferably being able to adjust the level of color correction and maybe even choose presets for different styles.
It seems like something that should be possible.

Hi,
Please add a models for the restoration of the old films so that it is possible to remove artifacts and flickering of brightness. It would also be great if there was some opportunity to regulate color and brightness, like Perfectly Clear Video and Colorlab AI and some manual setting.
Thanks

I wish a function to set brighntess, contrast, gamma and RGB Color adjust. This Basic function every videocutter software has. This does not change with program updates, so an effort only occurs once during implementation.

I absolutely agree with this!

I would love to have color corrections, gamma, white balance, something to make the image better! I’m working on old 8mm film and I still have to process video with another software before going into Topaz. Also, I would like the AI to stabilize the image with the film’s frame and not the content of the frame. I would be also nice if the Ai would be able to learn from our setup! Thanks for your product so far!