Can't save anything created in Mask AI

Using as a plug-in for Photoshop, I am able to pull the image into Mask AI and drop out the background, blur background or add a background image…but I am unable to save any of the work. Is there some sort of memory limitation of other issue I am unaware of? Remask5 works fine, but I’m trying to make Mask AI function properly. Suggestions?

You will need to use Save As from the File menu and save it to your disk because PS won’t support a change in the size of the layer returned.

Sadly, that does NOT work either. I can get Mask AI to do a good job of eliminating the background, but every time I hit “apply” or “save as”, Mask AI disappears and my image is not saved nor is the original image in Photoshop updated. I’m thinking there must be a memory issue going on…all I do know is that it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Remask 5 automatically created a new layer in Photoshop when you selected ReMask 5. Mask AI doesn’t do that. Try to manually add a new layer (Ctrl J) or click the new layer icon before you go to Mask AI.

2 Likes

I’m having the same exact problem. It’s worthless if it does not transfer the mask back to Photoshop.

lizansley, just for clarification, when you are in Photoshop and have brought your image there, you automatically start out with one layer, the background layer, in your layers box. Before you ever go to Mask AI you need to create a duplicate layer of your background layer. You can do this by holding down your Ctrl button and pressing the J key on your keyboard. After you have the two layers in the layers box you can now go to the filters area and select Mask AI and start masking the image there. Once you are done masking it, just click the “apply” button and it will take you back to Photoshop and you will see the top layer has your masked image.

1 Like

bkm-10425, just for clarification, when you are in Photoshop and have brought your image there, you automatically start out with one layer, the background layer, in your layers box. Before you ever go to Mask AI you need to create a duplicate layer of your background layer. You can do this by holding down your Ctrl button and pressing the J key on your keyboard. After you have the two layers in the layers box you can now go to the filters area and select Mask AI and start masking the image there. Once you are done masking it, just click the “apply” button and it will take you back to Photoshop and you will see the top layer has your masked image.

I’m having a similar problem. I create a duplicate layer, run Mask AI, and when I hit “apply” I get the cut out on my duplicate layer, but not an actual mask as it did in Joel Wolfson’s demo video.
What am I missing?

You need to duplicate your layer then add a mask before passing the layer to Mask AI. If you look on the forum there is a PS Action you can download and install to do this.

1 Like

Where, exactly, is the PS Action? Thanks.

Already answered you in the other thread.

This isn’t very functional as far as speed and ease of use. I would expect the plug in to create everything it needs when you open it. Will there be an update to change this?

The options are in settings for the PS plugin. You can direct it to create an additional layer or to reuse the mask.

when I select the ‘show all filter gallery groups and names’ nothing changes in the options page? I do not get a dialog box titled ‘extension panels’? is that where you say this will be located, in an extension panel? Sorry but I am new to this area of PS.
G.

I found it when I opened Mask AI independent of PS. Thank you.

1 Like