Can No longer get 300 ppi when images are saved

I am an etsy seller and I create images for journals. So people download and they look at the dpi. 72 dpi won’t work for them - I know it really does not matter but if they see 72 dpi they think it is not good quality. I needs to show 300 dpi when they open in Photoshop or any other program.

I made an upscale of your fruit image via Gigapixel by typing in the desired 300 ppi and exported it via .png. When I open it via IrfanView the dpi metadata are empty, so I assume it’s a bug in Gigapixel. :eyes:

Ok thanks - must I wait for a new update or can I downgrade to an older version?

You can go back to an older version. Follow this link: Releases - Topaz Community

Thanks for all your kind help and assistance.

Thanks for your patience! I did figure out that there was a bug but I also found out how to achieve 300 PPI in Gigapixel v7.1.1.

The way the app functioned before was the unit of measurement had to be changed to inches or centimeters and then the PPI field would show up.

I think there is a bug that either the PPI field doesn’t function when the unit of measurement on pixels or the field shouldn’t be there at all unless the unit of measurement is changed.

However, to achieve the 300 PPI, change the unit of measurement to inches for PPI or centimeters for PPCM.

1 Like

Thanks so much Simmy!!! You are a star. Much appreciated.
Regards Rolene

1 Like

It would make even more sense if the application had an option to type in the specific pixel density of your monitor so that the application would be able to display your digital image perfectly according to the meta data by taking into account your monitor data. This was available in classic applications like Calamus Desktop Publishing of the late 1980’s to keep sure everything on the monitor is shown in the correct size. Monitors at that time were often not perfectly calibrated, that’s why there were seperate resolutions to be set horizontally and vertically.

1 Like

I will definitely share this with the team! Thanks for this.

1 Like

I’m having the same problems. 300ppi is selected, but the exported images shows-up as 72ppi both in the Apple Preview app, as well as Photoshop 2024.

Please be aware that the only reliable numbers are the width and height in pixels. Even if the meta data are wrong the image may contain the disired pixels to be output with 300 ?pi. You can easy calculate and verify if the image has the perfect pixel size via my batch file. :slight_smile:

dpi to pixel.zip (262 Bytes)

Thanks, but I still want it fixed, as I’m sure others do as well. We shouldn’t have to use a “work-around” solution to make it work properly. If the setting shows 300ppi, regardless of whether you are using px/in/mm, it should output what it says.

Thank you again, as I do appreciate you taking the time to suggest a work-around.

2 Likes