Black regions showing up over video

I’ve had it pop up with the 2 models I use - Artemis HQ, and Proteus Fine tune v3. :frowning:

A dev literally told me told me “In the meantime, please use v2, you should not find any advantage to using v3.” No guarantee that solves your issue, of course; but it just says there’s apparently no drawback to using Proteus v2.

haha, thanks for the tip. will give it a shot.

It s quite some time ago when this happened here. It happened to my processings regularey back then but in the latest two beta versions everything went fine. :slight_smile:

How do you get access to beta versions? I’m on the latest version v2.6.3 and I’m still encountering this problem constantly.

Just contact the developers in the forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I’ve now worked out what was causing the issue for me. Since turning on “Reduce Machine Load” setting I haven’t encountered this anymore. It’s odd that this setting affects it though because Topaz never uses much of my CPU or GPU in the first place anyway but that seems to have done the trick.

Update 04/05: It seems to be something related to GPU usage getting too high. I still have no issues with reduce machine load so long as VEAI is the only thing running, but it’s a bit frustrating that doing so results in half the speed.

I encountered this issue again when I tried running two instances of VEAI at the same time as I saw that this was a common approach people use to make up for VEAI not fully utilising their hardware. This brought me back to full speeds in total, but again brought back the black square issue.

I also encountered this issue while running Citrix workspace alongside VEAI. I thought I could let VEAI run in the background while working remotely in Citrix, but evidently that put too much strain on my GPU and brought back the issue.