Best settings for mp4

It was 20 years ago this month that I began my video recording of specific events.
In my ignorance, with my NTSC Sony TRV50, I recorded on EP mode.
Converted from tape to digital in 2005.
Dimensions 640x480
MPEG 4 video AAC audio

Please tell what would be the best settings in Topaz AI to use for a great upscaling to HD.

Thanks!

1 Like

is your video progressive scan or Interlaced Scan?

It is not easy to give you a specific tip here because it strongly depends on the quality of the source file as well as on your personal taste in terms of the look of the result.

1 Like

Is the video footage you are working with interlaced? If so, you will want to deinterlace the video files using one of the Dione models. If the file is progressive, there are many models you can choose from depending on the quality of the file.

For specific recommendations, please feel free to share a sample of one of the videos with me.

You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

1 Like

Thanks so much, Ida…Have uploaded…

1 Like

The quality of the file is greatly improved with the Artemis HQ model, however, I am seeing some color shifting and a bit of softening occurring with all models.

We are working to resolve cases of color shifting at this time :slight_smile: The softening is rather odd and may simply be a result of the color shifting

2 Likes

thanks. I used the deinterlace and HD option…

1 Like

Thanks Ida…Please forgive the delay.

2 Likes