Best Deal for Raw Processor (2019 Black Friday deal)

For the black Friday deals, apart from Adobe at 40% off, it seems the best deal for a RAW processor is over at DXO Labs …

DxO 3 does not work with Win 7.
I had to get a refund after I bought it on the first day it was available.
They said they were not going to make it work with Win 7.
I really wanted it because DxO 2 is so good with my Sony images.
Too bad.

Just curious… why stick with Windows 7? Extended Support for Windows 7 ends January 14, 2020.

1 Like

Even though the ISV states that PL3 is not officially supported (bc Win7 will not be supported by MSFT after Jan-2020) many people have reported that PL3 still works under Win7 anyway.

Did you actually try it? I’m not sure if there are any hoops to jump through to get it to work; I use Win10 so I didn’t pay attention to the details.

The installer (the one it comes with) would not allow it to be installed.
I contacted DxO and they said it could not be installed on a Win 7.
If you can find out how the people you know got around this, PLEASE tell me.
I would love to have DxO 3 running on my Win 7.
I tried it on the very first day it was released, maybe they changed the installer since then.

I would love to go to Win 10, but Win 10 no longer supports Media Center and that is what I use to record all my TV shows. I remove the commercials then save them as MP4’s for Fire TV viewing via MrMC.
If Win 10 supported Media Center, I would have converted a long time ago.

Just to digest …

DxO supports those OSjs that Apple and Microsoft support. In the case of Apple that’s the last three versions and in the case of Microsoft it’s Windows 8.1 and above.

Windows 7 will be considered legacy early next year and it is unlikely that DxO, or any other company, will consider support for an unsupported OS as it means they would have to refund buyers in mid life cycle because staying on an earlier OS means no security or OS updates.

Hi Randy, Even though Media Center is not officially supported on Windows 10 the community has modified Media Center to run on Win 10. I would test it first though :slight_smile:

I just tried to load again with hopes something had changed.
It did not :disappointed:
29_12h25m59s_001_

PL3 works great on Win10; sooner or later you’ll probably need to upgrade your OS.

Why not run WIN7 as a VM under WIN10?