Bar, Pontevedra Spain

While on vacation, or any day for that matter, one of my favorite things to do is to enjoy a long lingering lunch in a quaint local restaurant, bar or pub. In both Portugal and Spain, this became a bit of timing issue due to siesta. We quickly learned there are two periods of siesta in Spain — siesta for shops and businesses, when many people go to a bar or restaurant — and then siesta for the restaurants, who obviously can’t rest when everyone wants to come and eat.

The siesta for shops and businesses is from approximately 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. while bars and restaurant close from about 4 p.m. until about 8 or 9 p.m. I can attest to the fact that after a two hour lunch and a few San Miguels on a hot afternoon I found the notion of siesta to be brilliant!

11 Likes

Very nice. I would love a few comments on post-processing

Post processing…? Oh man, I start with Capture One and then lots of PS layers with TL plugins, but the core is Impression. I never do it the same way and just kind of go with the flow. But this one has a blending of Impasto and Hooper and Degas using masks. I tweak the tone and detail sliders in Detail and tweak the HSL filters in Clarity and of course there’s some masking here and there. I have to fight myself to not over do it. It has taken me a long time to kind of understand what I need to do to get what I want. I’d kill to be able to paint like this but I guess I am painting - digitally right?

3 Likes

Right!

And thanks for the info

Great shot and very attractive processing!

I totally agree!