Autopilot Noise model not applying

Hello, I just got Topaz Photo AI and was excited for the CLI/autopilot features, although they don’t appear to be working as intended.

I have “Remove Noise - Non Raw” set to “Low and above”, the image loads and I can see it’s detected as “Low noise” but the noise model is not loaded. Am I misunderstanding that setting?

The ultimate goal is to denoise photos in my workflow automatically using the CLI, which is hamstrung to the Autopilot settings, but Autopilot doesn’t seem to respect the preferences.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance and for the cool tool!

Glad you’re enjoying the program!

It’s possible the models weren’t installed completely. Please disable antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installer from downloading the model files. Then rerun the installer: https://topazlabs.com/d/photo/latest/win/full?_gl=1*1cq5lgo*_ga*NzY0ODk0MTAzLjE2ODA3MDM0MDU.*_ga_M0K7E5583S*MTY5NjQzMzgzNS4zMzEuMS4xNjk2NDM0NTk0LjU5LjAuMA

Hopefully that gets it working for you.

Thank you for the reply! I did reinstall but I’m seeing the same issue. I attached a screen recording, could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’d like to be able to set some models as “always on”. The way the setting is worded it seems to be possible but it’s not working.

The Upscale filter also does minor denoise and deblur so it looks like because that filter is on, the detection model determined that the specific remove noise filter didn’t also need to be enabled.

Hello,
sadly there is no Always On option yet, I requested the same thing in autopilot preferences.
I have tagged many of my images with a _blurred suffix in the file names and would love to just have the CLI run though all of them. But since there is no way to force it, it doesn’t work.

And even extremely blurred images were never detected, even with low and above. Neither in the UI, nor the CLI autopilot.

I still hope that aways on will be supported in autopilot preferences in the future. Until then I have to use the UI for every single image with manual sharpening… :frowning:

Ah that’s plausible. Although too bad.

I would happily pay x10 for a robust, configurable CLI. Strange it hasn’t been implemented yet. So many businesses are trying to cut recurring cloud costs and I’d think they’d jump on this locally run program if it had a better workflow.

I also thought CLI would be further advanced that just doing its autopilot thing, when I bought the product.

I have had some ideas/request in the matter, see: Photo AI CLI - allow arguments to influence settings
in conjunction with Store settings used for image inside EXIF data (or next to image)

I also think that a good CLI will be a great foundation for functional and integration tests, as I posted here: Quality Control: Ensure functionality by means of integration tests

That would have avoided lots of broken functionality over the versions in the past (e.g. CLI was completely broken not just once but over 3 times already).

Now at least with the additions of the autopilot prefs I am able to use it half way (by using windows registry entries before starting the CLI, that at least let me set the model, …).
But it’s still to little. Like you also saw (no possibility to force sharpening, no possiblilty to set specific values for the filter and so on).

And the UI batch processing (which is slow like hell) is also no real option, due to this issue: How can I apply current settings to all loaded images without their values?

A few days ago I created a topic which includes all issues that we found so far and it has been voted highest in just a few days: Refocus on core features (Gigapixel/DeNoise/Sharpen) - No more fancy features