Allow defaults in Topaz Studio and Adjust

When I launch Studio and Adjust, I would like them to come up with the preset or affect I specify by default.

Why? Because in most cases, this is the starting point I prefer if I am using the program. And, more importantly, when I have an action I run in Photoshop which calls upon Studio or Adjust, this is the preset I want them to use.

When I go in to run the script, I find that I need to launch Studio and Adjust first and apply the preset or affect I want. After that, the script runs fine.

So, after I have created my preset or affect, how can I set that to be the default setting when Studio or Adjust are launched from the PS filter menu.

Thank you for your attention.

Is it possible to set up default settings in either of these applications?

There is no way to set a preset/effect as a default in either of those applications. The way you are doing it is the correct way.

I will move this to product feature requests.

Sad it isn’t already there, but I do appreciate the quick response and hope it finds its way into the applications soon :smile:

So, any progress on this front?

Agreed! We should have this!

2 Likes

A related issue: when opening Topaz Adjust AI, it opens displaying the “Featured” adjustments even if the user has created their own custom adjustments, which are stored under “My Collections”.

If a user has gone to the trouble of creating their own adjustment, surely for at least some (most?) users it would be a higher priority than the featured adjustments that come built into the program?

An option in the preferences to show which collection should be displayed by default upon starting the program would be extremely useful. This is especially true when opening the program as a filter from Photoshop — it quickly becomes really quite tedious to have to constantly choose “My Collections” from the drop-down menu every time the program starts, which is every time an image is worked on from within Photoshop.

2 Likes

I also have had trouble using this application since its “upgrades.” No way to use actions with Topaz or have “my collection” show upon opening the application. This will be the death of users wanting Topaz adjust if this doesn’t get fixed. please upgrade!

1 Like

That is rather dramatic 
 especially when you haven’t even voted for a change, The vote box is at the top of the thread.

Geez
a ‘Vote’ box. I never knew that was there.
Thanks Don, I just cast my first vote!
I have 5 votes left?
Does that mean that we all only get to vote on 6 subjects?
Thanks also to anna-37544
her post put me onto this ‘Vote’ box thing.

1 Like

Only for today and not here again 
 ever :slight_smile:

1 Like