About PS Remove Tool

Con’t FROM A CURRENT NEW BETA DISCUSSION ON A NEW FEATURE FUNCTIONALITY BEING TESTED IN BETA … with the penguins image.

For comparison’s sake I tried removing the same backward-facing penguin using my Ps (2023) Remove Tool. For anyone (Topaz, other) interested in seeing how diff. AI’s filled in a similar space contextually.

Working in layers. When I work with Ps’ Remove Tool, I do so on an empty layer above my content layer.

What that does is map the content I’m Removing (aka, retouching in PAI terms) to its own empty layer.

If I duplicate that layer (to not destroy the content) I can then activate a selection of that content (CTRL/CMD + click on the content) then create a Mask to re-use in another way if desired.

Snips of the successive layers in my Ps 2023 UI, FYI: (I always label in filename…)

Very fast. Brush resizing functionality via bracket keys. And, this is still Ps 2023. Ps 2024 allegedly adds the closed loop lasso functionality (while retaining the painting option) I mentioned above so users don’t have to paint over larger areas to remove (… retouch). CTRL/CMD Z backstepping to undo, etc.

2 Likes