Abandoned Junk - Old Mining Truck

Just testing some adjustment combos on some of the junk stuff I find along my travel path.

9 Likes

Nicely done. I like the juxtaposition between natural and man-made.

Stunning photo! Wonderful detail and processing!

This a beautiful well composed image. The only thing is I would have moved back (or widened on the lens) a tad.

1 Like

Awesome looking image…

@Michigander, You are probably right… Might look better (or different). I could have (and it was in fact) widened…

This is a cropped down version of my 7360x4912 pixel original copy ( 24-70 f/2.8 mm lens on 27 mm), which actually shows part of the the surrounding mountains on left, up to top of the hill on the right, a lot more blue sky, and a firepit on the left next to the truck…
So there are multiple versions of this. :slight_smile:

This one was cropped down to a 5943x3966 pixel image to cut off the firepit, focus more on the truck, and bring the snowy mountains forward.

Choices, choices… We all gotta make them bad choices at times. :slight_smile:

I have tons of shots of the mountains in all directions in the area. This one was mostly about the truck (and other stuff) left behind in such a scenic area that was once a mining camp.

Getting there was at least half the fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mond, unfortunately the credit is very little mine. Belongs elsewhere… :frowning:

Nature put the beautiful mountains there, and miners plunked down an man-made dead truck in the middle of it and left it to rot.

I just took some photos along my trek over the mountains. :slight_smile:

1 Like