A Little Trick with Video Enhance AI

Hi… Some days ago I was trying to stretch some old dvd from 4:3 to 16:9. When you stretch, you loose some details and there is more aliasing in the video because of the stretching. Now I discovered this trick with Video Enhance AI (doesn’t work anymore with the new Video AI, you have to use Video Enhance AI until 2.6.4). Simply open your 4:3 mkv with mkvtoolnix. Select video and on the right screen select aspect ratio 16/9, and click on start. Now your video is the same but in the info tags you can see aspect ratio 16:9. Open Video Enhance AI and import your video. Now Topaz will recognize your video in 16:9. In fact if you use 100% Denoise/Deblock, you can see that if your real resolution of the video is 640x480, at 100% topaz will give you an output of 854x480. Now the trick is to stretch the video with a model that contrasts the aliasing. You have to select Artemis Aliased & Moire. With this trick, at the end of the processing your video will be stretched and antialiased with the same or more details. Try and let me know

Stretching, as in: all circles become ovals?

No respect for ever stretching 4:3 to 16:9. It looks terrible. As the other commenter said, anythng that is supposed to be a circle becomes an oval. Human bodies and faces are distorted. There is NEVER a legitimate, good reason for doing this.

1 Like

Why in the world would you want to do that? It would be unwatchable for me.