4.31. Giga scroll bar

The scroll bar no longer works properly in AI Gigapixel 4.3.1. Starts out at about 75% and stays at 75% until done.

What scrollbar are you referring to?

There’s definitely no zoom control at the top in my Gigapixel!

Oops. I was just in Studio. That’s what I was looking at… And, clearly, I’m not a fan of how that zoom bar is designed.

Okay, I’m with you, Paul. I don’t know what a scrollbar would be in GAI. I’m guessing it’s the Progress Bar - that shows status as the program is processing the image.

If so, Dennis, does your program crash at 75% or does it just stop processing and sit there doing nothing?

If that’s the case, then mine is working fine. Painfully slowly, but fine. It starts at 0% and progresses to 100%.

Hmmm. Thought this rel. was supposed to be faster processing.

If that is what’s stopping for you, Dennis. Perhaps adjusting some of the Preferences settings (File > Preferences - menu option) might help.

Settings to experiment with under File > Preferences - Dennis -

• “Allowed memory graphics consumption”: Try “Medium” - if that doesn’t work. Try “Low”

Then try:

• “Use maximum quality AI model”: 1st try No. 2nd try Yes. (if the bar stops again on Yes, go back to No)

BTW, What type of image are you trying to use that’s experiencing the issue: JPG, TIFF, raw. If raw, try one of the other two formats to see if they work.

If after those tests (use the same image to start, then try a different image) it doesn’t work. Perhaps you should open a trouble ticket. If you open a trouble ticket pls report the type of computer system and operating system you’re working with and it will help them if, while you’re in Gigapixel AI, you go to its Help > Graphics Info menu and copy the info that pops up in your display to include in your help/trouble ticket request. They can troubleshoot better with specifics… Good luck!

Whilst I personally haven’t experienced any progress indicator issues with any of the files I have processed, this thread started me wondering what might occur with larger files.

So I tried up sizing a 4284 x 2844 .NEF file by 6 times, and saving the output as a 16 bit TIF with no compression, “stop watching” the progress indicator at 10% increments.

A warning that "Width or Height cannot exceed 22000px occurred, and the process completed satisfactorily, producing a 22000 x 14605 px image.

Timing was admittedly a case of visually matching two moving displays, the digital stop watch reading and the progress indicator, but given that progress indicators are generally only intended as an indication, the results I obtained were surprisingly linear.
10% = 39 secs
20% = 68 secs
30% = 90 secs
40% = 120 secs
50% = 148 secs
60% = 173 secs
70% = 201 secs
80% = 229 secs
90% = 255 secs
100% = 285 secs

The subsequent write to disk of the 1.79GB output file took the total process time to 327 secs.

Windows 10, 64 bit (v1903), 16GB RAM Intel i7 Processor
GTX1050Ti 4GB Graphics, Nvidia 430.86
Gigapixel AI v4.3.1

Background Task = No
Processing mode = GPU
Graphics Memory = High
Maximum Quality = Yes

2 Likes

OK - maybe mine’s not that slow after all (text unashamedly stolen from Greyfox above!):

I tried up sizing a 4608 x 3456 .JPEG file to 22000 x 16500, saving the output as a 16 bit TIF with no compression, checking the times as near as possible to 10% increments (sometimes it jumped from e.g. 19% to 21%).

10% = 35 secs
20% = 55 secs
30% = 72 secs
40% = 89 secs
50% = 110 secs
60% = 127 secs
70% = 144 secs
80% = 165 secs
90% = 183 secs
100% = 203 secs

The subsequent write to disk of the 2.02GB output file took the total process time to 227 secs.

Windows 10, 64 bit (v1903), 32GB RAM Intel i5 Processor
GTX1060 6GB Graphics, Nvidia 431.70
Gigapixel AI v4.3.1

Background Task = No
Processing mode = GPU
Graphics Memory = High
Maximum Quality = Yes

1 Like