Workflow Discussion for AI applications

Hi everyone. Have been using DeNoiseAI and GigaPixel AI and very happy, New to SharpenAI, I would like to consult regarding the right workflow:

1. I’m using Capture One 20. I’m shooting Nikon NEF and Leica DNG RAW images. Are they supported (I see in some of the Sharpen AI articles that only TIFF, JPG, PNG are being supported for some reason…)
  2. I assume Sharpen AI should come as a final stage, After all adjustments has been made?
  3. How (In terms of workflow) do you combine SharpenAI with other tools such as DeNoise, Photoshop, GigaPixel (If needed), NIK Collection, Etc. - As well as prevent the image file from losing data and information, given that starting from RAW you export the image and always come back to Capture one as TIFF and never go back to the original RAW (NEF, DNG)?
  4. What do you do in terms of “Sharpening” when exporting to JPG for print or web after SharpenAI? No sharpening at all?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Not all RAW images are supported and because it isn’t a RAW Converter where you can adjust settings all you will get is what you see. Typically, because of the different cameras supported, it is a limited conversion using a Linear Response curve.

Sharpening can be applied at any stage and more so it should be applied early if there are focus or handheld shake issues in order to see how much can be recovered.

Firstly it can never return as RAW, as that is sensor data only and secondly Capture One will not export as DNG so TIF/16bit/no compression and ProPhotoRGB is the best option.

Combining with other tools means DeNoise should be the first tool applied, then you can use any other app to adjust the size or look of the image.

Sharpen AI is not a output sharpener as output sharpening will need to take into account the type of media being used. Typically RAW processors and Library management tools provide that function and that is dependent on your taste. Just be wary of artifacting.