Won't Load DNG Files created by Adobe Camera Raw

Photo AI won’t properly load DNG files created by Adobe Camera Raw that have been stitched. They show up as ultra low resolution images. This is a new issue, it worked several days ago. (Last week I experienced a different issue with DNGs - exported DNG files at max resolution from Photo AI became unreadable.)

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Open 2 or more Raw files in Adobe Camera Raw, select them and create a pano.
  2. Open in Photo AI

Topaz Photo AI 2.0.7 on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
2024-03-22-14-35-40.tzlog (356.4 KB)

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

It wants me to purchase a new license to activate. I can’t afford a new license. I purchased on the condition I owned it forever (with updates for 1 year). I’ve made no changes to my system and the software has stopped working correctly.

This is due to the new DNG V1.7 specification. Photo AI cannot handle these files as of today since Adobe changed the file format embedded into the DNG to JPGXL.
Hope PhotoAI will be compatible with these files soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.