White specks or Artifacts after Denoise/Sharpen

After processing bird photos using default settings doing denoise/sharpen I am getting little white pixels or artifacts in dark areas of the bird. Usually shows up in black & dark brown areas. I am using the latest version (2.3.2) on a windows computer. I am using Photo AI as a plugin in Lightroom Classic.

Topaz Photo AI [v2.3.2] on [Windows]

1 Like

Ok, so much for filing a bug report. No response!

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

1 Like

You can always reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Thanks for the reply John. I finally have some new images with which I can process & show you the artifacts that the denoise/sharpen is adding to my images. But even if Topaz labs were to address this bug & fix the artifact issue, I do not think I could accept another update again after the debacle of 2.4.0. I will probable stick with 2.3.2 forever?

Hi John, I just uploaded a folder with files showing the white artifacts that ver 2.3.2 is adding to my pictures.
It only happens with dark areas. Default settings were used. Denoise/Sharpen.

Thanks, Dan

I’m also seeing this on some images, and am uploading an example as:
Gordon Runkle - TPA 2.4.1 white pixels.zip

Thanks for sending those in. I was able to work with the image. On my machine, I was not seeing the issue you were reporting. However, I would like to see if you can go to Preferences > Autopilot > Remove Noise (RAW) and toggle the option to Enable Hot Pixel Correction to On to see if you are still receiving these issues with your image.

Let me know what you find after doing this and if you would like to share any more images you can do so here or use the Dropbox link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, John,

This helped significantly (I’m not sure how it got unset?), but not completely.
I’ve added an updated “Gordon Runkle - TPA 2.4.1 white pixels 2.zip”

Thanks!
-Gordon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.