Where is the Fog effect?

Before there was Studio, there was a fog effect somewhere in the one of the products - perhaps in Lens effects. Does anyone know where it is in today’s products?

Thanks,

Dave

You can use the color overlay filter in Studio 2 with the color set to white. Use the mask to adjust where it is applied. Here is an example.

Fog%20test

2 Likes

Thank you. That works but the Fog effect had a lot of intelligence, with multiple controls for the size position of fog, density, and a few other settings. I remember is ground fog being one really good preset (I think it was a preset). So I appreciate this but I am still wanting the Fog effect back!

Hi, There was a Fog Effect in Lens Effects but pretty limited. You can achieve the same effects using the Color Overlay filter and masking in Studio.

This is what you remember:

If you use a host and had previously purchased Lens Effects just download it and enter your key and use it.

2 Likes

If you still have Lens Effects installed you can reach it from LR Photo/edit menu > Topaz Plug-in > Lens Effects or via PS Filter menu > Topaz Labs > Topaz PhotoFX lab > (Filter menu) Topaz Labs > Lens Effects.

Thanks, Don.

1 Like