Where I Live

This is my living room, where I live! Pictured are two of my three faithful pups, Takei (far) and Ubuntu (near) The decoration in the middle was made by my daughter, and the sculpture just inside the left side of the frame was made by my wife. This is how I relax after a long day helping customers. I shared the Adjustment Stack I used on this image as a preset named “Dogs Living Room”. I used a brush mask on the Abstraction Adjustment in order to allow the dogs to show through a bit better, but all other Adjustments were unmasked. As a final touch, I introduced a bit of quad tone to the image, using the Vaporwave Adjustment-preset, with light opacity.

Screenshot of the Adjustment Stack and the original:

Screenshot

8 Likes

Nicely done… I like the lighting in the scene and your daughter & wife seem to have some very artistic talents as well. It looks like a great place to chill to after hard days work… the pups really seem to enjoy it too.

Nicely done, so you like Star Trek and Unix?

1 Like

Yep, but is that surprising? Other animal names are: Jellybean, Pi, and Timmy.

If you can get all the references in those names, I’ll be seriously impressed.

1 Like

Is Jellybean small bean-shaped, soft, sweet and a little fat? Pi is possibly after the tiger in Life of Pi … and Timmy I have no idea except Timmy rules in South Park.

I like this one…you did very well with it.

Very relaxing image. No room for Joe on the couch.

1 Like

Correct

She is soft, sweet, and a little fat. But her name is inspired by the name given to Android 4.1 through 4.3.1 by Google, Jellybean:

1.0: No Codename
1.1: Internally known as “Petit Four”
1.5: Cupcake
1.6: Donut
2.0 - 2.1: Eclair
2.2 - 2.2.3: Froyo
2.3 - 2.3.7: Gingerbread
3.0 - 3.2.6: Honeycomb (Tablets only)
4.0 - 4.0.4: Ice Cream Sandwich
4.1 - 4.3.1: Jellybean
4.4 - 4.4.4: KitKat
5.0 - 5.2.1: Lollipop
6.0 - 6.0.1: Marshmallow
7.0 - 7.1.2: Nougat
8.0 - 8.1: Oreo [Current]

Yes, that’s deep nerdiness.

Good guess, but incorrect. Pi’s personality is more closely aligned with the number π (3.14159265359…), in that it keeps going forever. I’ll post a pic of her soon, we got some good ones from our recent trip to the lake cabin.

Still, guessing the source of 3/5 of my pet’s names is pretty impressive! We don’t do “normal” names for dogs at our house :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought Pi came from Raspberry Pi because you have Ubuntu and Jellybean on the list.

1 Like

That’s a good guess, too! It might be a better guess if I was a Python developer :wink:

1 Like