Whats happened to the face detection

When you import a portrait picture into Photo AI when it gets to face detection it just appears to keep trying but can’t find the face even if the face is the most obvious thing on the picture whilst it is trying you can’t do anything else and the only way to stop it is to close the program - face detection is now disabled until it is fixed.to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Same issue here.

Hi There,

Please send your log files so we can see what’s going on in the application. To do that, open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Help > Open Log Folder menu option and Email me all the logs files in the folder.

I also want to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having. Could you send us your computer’s full system profile? Ive linked how to do so for windows and mac depending on what you have

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Windows) | How To Obtain Your System Profile (Mac)

Once I have those, we can proceed with further troubleshooting steps

No need to post in multiple threads with the same issue.

You can mitigate this by going into Edit, Preferences, Face Recovery and setting Default Face Detection to None. No doubt it will still happen when doing Face Detection, but I’ve found 9/10 times face quality is better without it anyway so it just wasted time doing it for every image. Its only very niche cases it works well in my experience, it always removes detail such as a freckles for example.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.