What happened to my image?

I decided to try AI Sharpen using a jpg instead of a tif because of the long processing/saving time for the tif. I thought that perhaps if I used a jpg it might process and save the image faster. It did not, and in fact it took a bit longer to process the jpg than the tif, but that is not the point of this post. Here is the saved jpg:

The original did not look anything like this. :slight_smile:

One other point. I have now tried to save images in AI Sharpen as uncompressed tifs, compressed tifs and jpgs. Both the compressed tifs and jpgs are not usable in my workflow software after being processed, although the uncompressed tifs are just fine. I am waiting for the release with the working plugin. Perhaps that might act better.

2018 MacBook Pro, High Sierra, i9 chip, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB memory.

Workflow tools used to call AI Sharpen - CaptureOne.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Raise a support request on this one please. And probably see if you can recreate the input file you used for Sharpen AI and confirm you still get the same result. Note that there is an update to 1.0.8 available.

Regarding TIFFS I would stick with uncompressed as that is a TIF standard that should be able to be read by all apps.

Regards, Don.

I have tried 1.0.8 and have been unable to reproduce this with that version. I will continue testing and if I can reproduce it I will file a support request but it seems fruitless to do so if the problem no longer exists.

I will test the compressed tiff as well, but there does not seem to be any real reason for me to use compression as the files take as long to write as the uncompressed version and I don’t keep those files on disk for long enough to worry about the space. They are intermediate files for me, going from raw to jpg and I delete them when I am finished processing my images.

1 Like