Way to REMOVE all in File > Open Recent list

All three products I have, Gigapixel/DeNoise/Sharpen, show a list of recent files opened. I need a way to erase/delete that list when I need to. I currently am evaluating the three products to see if they could fit in a consulting business environment. The recent list is a deal breaker. I can’t trust that Client A wouldn’t accidently see file names from Client B if the operator accidently click on Open Recent. This could be very detrimental to us should it happen. Can you tell me how we can remove file names, what Topaz file to edit or a minor update to the applications?

If your OS is Windows, you can try erasing the MRU for all three apps by creating a custom registry merge file and running it as needed.

It would contain the following entries…

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\appMain]
“recentFilesList”=“

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\appMain]
“recentFilesList”=“

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\appMain]
“recentFilesList”=“

For Video Enhance AI, you can clear the MRU by deleting this configuration file…

“%AppData%\Topaz Labs LLC\Video Enhance AI\save.json”

It would be straightforward to setup a batch file to do this and have a shortcut to launch it when needed. Apps would need to be closed for it to work.

If your OS is Mac, I do not know what the equivalent actions would be.

Hello Paul -

Thank you! I can do that.

As I haven’t had a need to return to a processed file (during my testing at least), I could actuall delete the entire recentFileList entry and never miss it. I’ll make a backup first then give it a shot.

Thanks again!

I’ll have to write the reg merge file as deleting the recentFileList doesn’t last - it regenerates a new entry upon use.

Yes, the apps will always repopulate that key when they are exited, so the merge file can only work if they are closed when it is applied and it must be reapplied every time you want the MRU cleared.

You could run it as a system Task on a timer (or trigger) or during sign-in to reduce the number of times you have to remember to run it manually.

A combination of Task Scheduler and/or advanced batch file programming could even launch a hidden process at sign-in that lurks invisibly waiting to merge the file every time an app is seen to exit from the running processes list, but that’s a bit more challenging to pull off.

I’ve ended up creating a folder full of reg merge fragments for every application and Windows itself (Explorer, Start Menu, etc) plus some template configuration files for apps that do not use the registry. I have a batch file that combines all the reg merge fragments it finds in that folder into a single file then applies the result, then swaps the template settings files in to various locations.

That way, I can reset MRU for the entire OS and every application by typing “mru.clear” in the command prompt.

I switch between projects a lot and some are really diverse (software development, photo editing/restoration, music composition and synthesis, etc), so the MRU is frequently outdated clutter rather than a helpful feature and I find it easier to start with a clean slate every time I switch tasks/projects.

Good Morning and Merry Christams.

Great reply, Paul, thanks! Good to see I’m not the only one who has a need for the clear function of the opened list.

For me, the easiest will be to add the function to the Task Scheduler and write a batch file to merge on demand.

Thanks again for your help. I do hope the Topaz product managers and devs can add this functionality.