Video Enhance v2.6.4

I noticed that tensorflow.dll disappeared from the program folder
Removed support for tensor kernels? My 3080Ti is only 20% loaded and is slower than 2.3 where it is 60% loaded

Yes, Tensor support was removed months ago. They say it will be back.

2 Likes

Iā€™d really like to see H265 too, while AV1 is nice for sure, there are no hardware encoders for AV1 yet.

1 Like

VEAI has no automatic scene detection.
As Lee said youā€™s have to cut every scene change yourself and apply settings on each and every clip.

2 Likes

Not sure where to ask this but, is it possible to multiple versions of VEAI on the same computer? So, latest version on c:/ and a past version on d:/ or would that confuse the computer?

I use the same method also but not giving up on Dione just yet :sweat_smile:

Please read the private message from me. Thank you.

@suraj Was there ever an answer to the _merged files that are created when VEAI is trying to exit? I just converted a video that appears fine in macOS Finder, when I either exit VEAI, or when I remove the finished file from the que. This _merged file can sometimes be larger or smaller than the finished fileā€¦ however sometimes the _merged is the correct item. Iā€™m very confused. Thanks!

Edit: Discovered if I force quit VEAI after the video is done, there is no noticeable error. If I choose ā€œQuitā€ from the menu, the App seems to hang for a long time, then exit. During this time is when the _merged file is being created. I could assume it was to merge back in Audio or some other, but that is untrue, the first file contained the audio just fine.

Is there any ETA about new release/beta? There used to be a roadmap, but thatā€™s not valid anymore?

Soon, be a bit more patient, they are actually rewriting the video engine !

1 Like

Yea! Looking forward to it!

I do have a question about an issue Iā€™m seeingā€¦

I have had great success but with noisy 480i on Dione I get black specs that donā€™t move. Anyone encountered this and is there a multistep process or better model that will help?

they told it many times.

1 Like

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/problem-videos/28440

2 Likes

There havenā€™t been any beta releases since the 2.6.2 release. The next beta release will have a re-written Video IO engine, as per the post I linked.

1 Like

Sorry, but youā€™re wrong. Beta 2.6.2.1b was released Dec 8th. I have the email in my inbox to prove it:

2.6.2 was released Dec 16th:

The way they have been numbering releases is confusing but any beta with 2.6.2.x in it was a beta BEFORE 2.6.2 was finalized and released.

As I stated earlier, there have not been any beta versions released since 2.6.2.

Perhaps they just didnā€™t lock the forum topic. But Iā€™d be interested to hear how you think a beta released a week before the final version is ā€˜activeā€™.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been browsing here and I see some talk about rewriting the video engine for VEAI. What does this mean? Does it mean the A.I algorithm is being adjusted for better results? Or what? Because I really love the way VEAI works now, but Iā€™d love to see an even better version!

Video IO is being rewritten. So this will mean better file handling support (more input formats, less errors etc.).

IO = In / Out, so possibility (eventually) of fixed audio output , more format handled (passtrough ? 5.1 ? no downmix ?), H265, mkv in term of output, but input as well etc ā€¦ plenty of possibility, weā€™ll see.