Video Enhance v2.6.4

Thanks Martyprod. I didn’t saw that post. :stuck_out_tongue:
I guess it is quite strange though that some MP4 work and some other don’t even when they were encoded by the same software and with same settings (in my case Compressor or Handbrake) :wink:
I’ll wait for the 2.7 then. Meanwhile, I’ll work on the videos that do work on 2.6.1 or just switch to my less powerful PC :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure if anyone had suggested before this (or maybe it’s implemented and I don’t know how to use it). Is it possible to changer the order of the processing when we select and do all the settings of several videos. It would be great if VEAI can give an ETA for each video and then we can change the processing order before starting it.
Also, i would love to see VEAI working as projects. Meaning we can select several videos, do all the settings and save that as a project. The reason? If the software crashes, we have to do it all over again. If we have a save project, we can just open it again and start the processing right away or continue adding videos and settings.

1 Like

Not possible to change order (or not yet, i dont know if it’s on the dev’s list).
same for projects, but the backup feature works pretty well, never got an issue with it (but depends of the crash and the machine certainly).

VEAI does not use RTX3090 properly. The card gets bored and jumps between 30-60% of GPU usage. In VEAI this card will reach 130W and in games 300W +. At least in my case.

Have you tried to run 2 or 3 AIs at the same time on the 3090.

And what software are you using to report the GPU usage?

GPU-Z, HW Monitor and MSI After Burner.

1 Like

I used to do that, but the VAEI is unstable then and one session can close without any errors.

I do this all the time usually 3 instances on 2 different machines. One has a 3060 and this machine has a 3060Ti. Never any issues and this is with Windows 11.

Here is a screen shot of 3 instances running and what I see using HWInfo64 to report on the CPU and GPU. The red blocks are the CPU and green GPU. First is Percent Usage. Next is Power in Watts and last Temps.
HWInfo64

Hey guys, again and again I have strange stuttering in my output and cannot figure out how. It does not matter if I export to ProRes, MP4 or PNG - sometimes clips simply stutter. Can someone help me out here?

Good for you.
I mostly do one long video at a time and I’d rather like it get done as soon as possible.

Hey I’m not trying to be condescending I’m just saying I’m not seeing any issues related to running multiple VEAI on my computers at the same time. I was also just adding my cards as a point of reference. I run multiple instances so the total time of processing is quicker. If I run three instances while each instance is maybe 10 percent longer than one the total time for the 3 videos is quicker. Some times the videos are long as in 15 - 18 hours each also.

That’s all not trying to be anything but helpful.

No worries.
And I said sometimes I fire several VAEI instances but not often.
And it just fails sometimes in my case, but good that there is an option. I just want it to be more efficient with one project at time. I don’t always have to do a few at once, especially since I will have many hours of color grading later anyway.

I’ve seen this stuttering many times as well. My solution is to re-encode the source material (I use FFMPEG), then feeding that to VEAI.

1 Like

To have the best frame accuracy the best way is to send uncompressed video to VEAI with an avisynth script (no need to re-encode).

That appears impressive with the m1 but truth be told, depending on the resolution the 3090 is under utilised. With Artemis which uses a fair chunk of CPU power compared to Gaia, you can run 2-5 instances of upscaling at the same time with a 5950X and 3090.

From my own testing a 3060ti and 2080 Super are just as fast as a 3090 upscaling 480p 400%. The 3090 is just more under utilised than the other GPUs.

This is more or less the use of my 3090 in VEAI.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Is there something special required or a simple passthrough?

AVS Scripts do not pass the audio through, correct?

Avisynth can pass audio with AudioDub, for example lets say you have an mp4 clip you can do this

video=LSMASHVideoSource("source.mp4")
audio=LSMASHAudioSource("source.mp4")
AudioDub(video, audio)

Easier with an AVI file and the right codec installed on your machine

AVISource("source.avi", audio=true)
1 Like

Sweet!!!