Video Enhance v2.6.4

can anybody here tell me if its a upgrade in render speed compared to 2.3 the one im using

2.6 also seems to have stopped loading models as well, tried interlaced and progressive sources, won’t even deinterlace while scrubbing through the timeline like it usually does, something is amiss. I’m back on 2.4 for now, everything is working as it should.

Apparently it’s faster for some people, for me it’s the same.

I was reading the changelog it says vram can be set to max but its been that way with other versions why is it said like its a new feature

Because previously they would always tell you to lower it.

In pervious version VEAI, VRAM usage is limited to max 12GB .

For example, 3090 have 24GB VRAM and set VRAM usage to MAX , in pervious version VEAI still won’t use more than 12GB.

Now the VRAM Max value is depends on user hardware.

from me using sony Vegas and other programs like that in the past it can render a file without the preview window showing which means faster renders

do you think if they added that to topaz it would render faster I dont think we need to see the preview when rendering

1 Like

May be you can post a feature request in Product Feature Requests - Topaz Discussion Forum

If disable the preview can render faster, it will be great to have such option.
:grinning:

well I was pretty satisfied with VEAI until now … completely screwed up my workflow which I have realized only a few days after updating to 2.6.0… in videos I work on now the results are unpredictable - some end up having longer duration than original, some shorter. Completely breaks any hope of re-sync with source audio. I dont know if it adds / subtracts frames but in some videos its even a few seconds difference, while the framerate is the same as source

so I can throw away a weeks of work and wait for (maybe) a fix? congrats!

I dont have this ver yet but I have always hoped I could use full power of my card I was rendering with my 1080 for 1 month then got a 3060 2 months ago and thought it would be a big jump

the whole video output engine from VEAI, is on the way to be rewritten completly for the next beta , from what the dev told, doing this will fix lot of things, more speed too etc. we’ll see.

how much speed you had with the 1080, and how much today with the 3060 and on which model ?

Hopefully, it will deliver an interrupt and restart of an ongoing upscaling Processes.
Nobody (at least not me) has a Pc dedicated exclusively to VEAI, and system restarts can/will be necessary while VEAI has notyet finished.

2 Likes

I don’t have such a machine too.

A backup feature “in the process” would be really really helful. but i doub’t it will be possible to do with a video output, it will work certainly with pictures, but it would be something very nice already ! :slight_smile:

I’m not noticing any speed difference with this update. Is it only optimised for M1? Should I be seeing it process faster with this update?

.45sec per frame on Artemis LQ 100%, using max VRAM slider to process clip
on
iMac
10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz
32 GB RAM
16 GB VRAM on AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT

It is common practice for professional software to allow backup at customer predefined intervals.
I would be happy to have that with VEAI e. g. every 60 minutes when ETA predict 2 days processing. Such an interrupt of the process would be a negligible stretch of total processing time, and in order to save space any backup (x+1) should override backup (x).

Well I have an annoying issue…

2.6 Prores incorrectly uses double the bitrate resulting in massive unnecessary files… I’ve tried going back to 2.4 but in doing so the latest models no longer work stating I don’t have enough VRAM…

Is there any way to get around this, I really want to use the new models in 2.6 but cannot justify doubling the file size.

I have an M1 Mac Mini. Bought Giga / Sharpen / Denoise, but really wanted the expensive video tool. Just bought it and am stoked to see you have native M1 support which is really important for video processing!

Gonna use it on drone footage and upscaling political memes and conspiracy archives so that my material is nice and sharp compared to that 480p bitchute plebs.

Just a tad creamier than I’d like to see. Can’t wait for AI to start generating a little bit better details.

1 Like

I have an Nvidia p5000 as a graphic card but it is not used by the software. only the CPU works. I have selected the GPU as default but nothing happens. drivers are up to date!

There’s at least on the RTX3090 potential to be 4X faster than it is now. To see that a M1 chip on a notebook almost equals a 3090 in performance is such a waste.
It seems like VEAI relies too much on CPU even with GPU acceleration and this must be the bottleneck from the current engine. Lets’ hope for a future engine that will exclusively rely on GPU.

3 Likes