Video Enhance v2.6.4

I’ve been using Yadif/BOB and double the frame rate in Handbrake. Super easy, not sure how QTGMC could improve on it?

I have tried Yadif before, only my own opinion, but found QTGMC better.

Hi there! First time replying here because i was usually always on the FB group as Rokinnox, so feel free to correct me if needed.
GTX 1060 6GB ASUS
32GB DDR3
I7 4770K
W10 PRO FULLY UPDATED

First of all i bought a new SSD to use a clean install of w10 pro fully updated and i notticed someting weird.
-It prompts the Vcredist install but doesnt install at all, also it allows u to run the program so the error message of missing C++ libraries always keep jumping untill manually installed the 2015 x64 version. I think this should be changed and run even before the main install.

Left downloading all the avaliable profiles (without the optimization bits) to make a speed test and the V3 versions and newer of doesnt run at all (at least on proteus)
Chronos just dont even starts
Even with the dial set as low in gpu utilization, and or just cpu or even with the low resources mode on, nothing changes
Ill be out for now and later ill reinstall w10 to try all over again just in case downloading the optimization files and even reinstall w10 just in case windows update was here to blame in the begining.
Thanks Team!

Edit: I reinstalled windows and only installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) - 14.30.30704 and the stock Nvidia 456.71 that is loaded by Windows Update, that way it runned normally, then installed the actual Nvidia Studio version and goes without any issue.
Also i set VEAI on its default setting to download the optimization profiles.

Remember that u can load the clip in other editor, make a 320x240 proyect with the 21x25 video in the middle and work with it, removing the border later.

Strange, I managed to load a 1X1 clip :grin: so there is no minimum size.

And no problem also with a 21x25 clip generated with avisynth

BlankClip(length=3000, width=21, height=25, fps=25, color=$F08080)

Where your 21x25 video come from ? Codec ? fps ? colorspace ? Are you able to play it on a video player ?

EDIT : sorry I should have investigated further your problem, it seems you can load any input resolution video but for processing it is another story and you get an error when trying to process super low resolution video.
The minimum I managed to process was a 50X50 clip
So as @zien_nc said you can still letterbox your 21x25 video and in a 50x50 should do it.

Hello! I am gradually familiarizing myself with hybrid and qtgmc, as well as other sharpen, dehao, degrain filters etc. the dehao filters do a remarkable job, no more black border without removing details from the video, I find them better than on veai. On the other hand the settings, I do not understand it too much, I do a little “feeling”, since I do not understand English very well :slight_smile:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I was already using Resolve but wasn’t aware they had a deinterlacer added to their Neural engine. After a fair bit of testing I’ll be using this instead of QTGMC both for quality and speed reasons. It’s not inconceivable that QTGMC could still look better when tailoring it per-video with the right parameters but out of the box comparing Resolve’s with Very Slow QTGMC I’d have to give it to Resolve.

Hello
Could you please tell me if the training of Gaia and Artemis models is ongoing, or they have already reached their limit and will not be updated?

I haven’t followed VEAI updates for about half a year

Which method of QTGMC implementation have you used? I have downloaded Hybrid and in free time I would like to learn it a little bit. I would be grateful for users who could help me to set it well…
Chase has added some lines but wonder where I should insert them in Hybrid.

I used StaxRip myself, the GUI for these things usually just make it convenient for you to put AviSynth scripts together so it shouldn’t be too complicated to do. I haven’t used Hybrid however so I can’t help much with that.

So you think DR17 is close to QTGMC. What about Dione DV v2 or v3 from Topaz?

I actually like the Dione models as they seem to have a temporal element to reduce flickering on the exact fields, but currently it still exhibits a lot of combing (similar to the 4:2:0 chroma subsampling thing in Resolve someone mentioned before that was fixed), and the actual AI upscaling part usually ends up looking a bit subpar to Proteus since there’s no control over the parameters. For me it usually looks a bit oversharpened and a bit watercolour painting looking.

I imagine if Topaz fixes the combing and if it’s possible at all to do some kind of Proteus deinterlacing model then that would probably be the one I’d use.

1 Like

But Proteus is not for deinterlacing but upscaling. Do you deinterlace with Proteus? So know DaVinci is fine for deinterlacing? What do you think about D. Resolve vs QTGMC in Hybrid?

I’m using proteus 3 for a list of videoclips.

I would like to use the automatic adjustments option, for each video clip.

What should I do to be sure Proteus changes settings from one clip to another?

Hello! I have very good results for my videos with qctgm + proteus + vegas pro :slight_smile: I gave up dione tv and dione td :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean “be sure”? You can put multiple clips in your queue, all with different settings.

@suraj

Dropbox Link here

Unfortunately flickering is still a problem with any Dione model. I have been patiently waiting for them to fix them all. Lets hope that we wont have to wait past year 2022

I am proficient in Hybrid with best QTGMC. Too difficult for me to post instructions here. I would need to remotely help you set the parameters.

1 Like

Could you please provide me the .json files, too?