Video Enhance AI v1.8.1

This feature is experimental so we cannot guarantee it to work.
Can you post the file logs? You should be able to upload

Help → Enable file logging
Restart the app
Reproduce the not loading issue
Help → Open File log folder
Grab the 4 latest .tzlog files and come back and post here.

There is a button when you make your post with a tooltip labelled “upload” that looks like a hard drive with an up arrow that you can use to upload your files.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, again, you really can’t.

Here are the log files and a screen shot of the settings in preference:

Note: two of the files are 0KB and could not be uploaded.
2020-12-24-02-31-6-Main.tzlog (20.8 KB)
2020-12-24-02-31-6-QML.tzlog (1.9 KB)

1 Like

Been using Gaia v6 a bit now. And i think it’s better than v5 in some cases.
Especially around eyes and mouths. But think gaia needs some more training when it comes to mouths and eyes. and peoples faces (far away from the camera).
Other than that. Gaia is my go to model in most cases ( for clean videoes )

2 Likes

This is a release, not a release candidate.

You posted this on Facebook yesterday, and it’s still there…
“Release Candidate Build 1.8.1 is ready for testing.”

1 Like

Interesting. I only try Video Enhance every now and then, hoping something will get fixed for 10.14.6. Well it is now running on 10.14.6 on a MacPro 2010, 12 processor etc. The software is actually running as opposed to crashing on starting the processing. I am getting about 59 sec/frame. The test is a denoise on 509 frames exported as MP4. Now if you can just get the GPU running under 10.14. I have RX590 with 8GB. In any event major progress. Thanks

1 Like

Another data point. 89 sec/frame on preview, 3840x2160 >> 7680x4320, 200%. I also notice the GPU is seen in the Video Enhance preferences but the program is using the CPU.

regards

@aykutbozkurt

Topaz labs is a new but amateurish firm, from the program menu, it seems that they are beginners. So do not want much from them. I am a Radio, TV Film studies graduate, they can not fix 1.6.1 Gaia CG model, nor they can manage to run 2 graphics card at a time. There are many many bugs. At x79 chipset mainboards, if you choose graphics card from options, system uses CPU, if you choose CPU this time system chooses %50 CPU with %50 GPU. There is bitrate quality problem too. If you set the quality lower than it chooses by itself, (to left all the way to the lowest) the result is much worser than the source, no matter hours and hours of work. All together, this program is with all versions at alpha stage. They will develop in 3 to 5 years, or another firm will buy them under their wings. Be prepared not to see this program all of a sudden…

1 Like

That is correct. The day before the release we posted the release candidate build, and then on release day we released the release build. :slight_smile:

I am interested to take a look at this, can you please attach your file logs to a post?

Help → Enable file logging
Restart the app
Reproduce the issue in the program, perhaps open the prefs panel so that we can write the events to our log
Help → Open File log folder
Grab the 4 latest .tzlog files and come back and post here (you will be able to see by timestamp or by file name which are the latest)

Attach to a post here.

@ATharp Is it possible in the future to add “RC” to the installer file name, to avoid confusion? Sometimes you make final changes between RC and release, but it’s hard to know which installer one has on their computer after it’s downloaded.

1 Like

Here you go:
I did a couple of frames in preview.
Also added a screenshot of the AI preferences.
Also a screenshot of CPU usage
Or at least I tried it won’t allow me to post an image!?!?!?!?

2020-12-23-23-42-33-Err.tzlog (6.4 KB)
2020-12-23-23-42-33-Main.tzlog (24.7 KB)
2020-12-23-23-42-33-QML.tzlog (2.2 KB)

2020-12-23-23-42-33-Out is empty

Thanks

1 Like

Respectfully, no, you didn’t. You posted the RC on the 22nd. I posted the original question on the 23rd, and there is still no release announcement at all on Facebook, just the RC announcement…BUT the download in the RC announcement is not an RC…it’s the release, if the name is correct, and I have no idea if it is…LOL.2020-12-24_00-40-29

Ashley is confused about this a bit…she says the post on Facebook is the release, when it literally says Release Candidate in the title of the post, but the download is not an RC…at least not in name. There is NO post that says it is the final release, at least not on Facebook.

This is what I’ve been saying all along. Everything about the “process” Topaz is using on this is so far from a proper development standard, it is going to be nearly impossible to polish this product. And honestly, input from the testers is making it worse. The product is being pulled in a thousand directions.

Hi Lee,

We can consider to put RC in the release candidate installer names moving forward, it seems this is a desired feature.

the same link was used for both the RC and the final release, we just uploaded the final release to the same location when we were ready to release.

Thank you for all your questions, I hope that helps clarify a bit.

We can consider to put RC in the installer names to avoid confusion in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

If it said Release Candidate build in my post, it was a release candidate build at the time of posting,
the same link was later updated with the final build.

I hope everyone does not get confused about this.

Thanks all for letting us know you would like to have RC in the name. We will consider it.

There is a file size limit for images. Please consider to upload a smaller or compressed image.

You have not made a post on Facebook that indicates there has been a release. I think that’s what is not coming across in what I’m saying. The last thing you posted on Facebook is a Release Candidate, nothing has been posted since. it’s not a question, it’s a statement.