Video Enhance AI v1.8.0

More audio improvements are in the works.
It is not quite that simple, it depends on the video format :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had previusly 1.7.1 installed.

After launching 1.8.0 Installer:
I didnt show the clean install option.
The Folders c:/Program Files/Topazā€¦ %appdata%/Roaming and %appdata%/local are correctly updated.

But i think that the 1.7.1 version is still in the registry.

Cheers.

1 Like

I you feed VEAI its own ProRes output, the 7th from the last frame is always replaced with the final frame.

1 Like

Drag & drop to open files is broken. Nothing happens. Opening them through File > Add Video works, though.

1 Like

It always does that the first time after install. Close the application and reopen it, drag and drop should then work.

2 Likes

Are you aware that the performance of an RTX3090 is not what it should/could be with VEAI?

I posted detailed test results here:

Great Job!I havenā€™t been around for a long time.Wanted to say thank you for the improvements for the product.Especially for Albert,Feng tremendous job and all Topaz team.Keeping the already downloaded models on this release what I was looking for.
If possible can you make a small change on the model selection menu? The models are sorted randomly atm for artemis. Any way to drag&drop to sort models?My v8 and v9 models are in mixed order.Ofc it can be useful to have the most used model to be on top of the list.

Keep up the great work.Stay safe.

1 Like

The AppDATA folder can be very large because of all the Models stored inside ā€¦
But the installation process of Video Enhance AI doesnt offer the choice to install it on a different disk than the system disk !..
Other Topaz products let you choose the AppDATA location.
So is it possible to do the same with Video Enhance AI ??
Wasnā€™t it added to the to do list ?

For my part, version 1.8.0 works very well. It is even better than version 1.7.1. And it all works perfectly. Artemis profile updates are even better and faster calculations. With my RTX 2080 I am at 10 seconds per frame.

For all the others who had a profile problem, I didnā€™t have it because I always do a clean installation. Because the only flaw of the installer, for a long time now, is that it does not automatically detect the installation location if an older version is installed on a disk other than the ā€œC:ā€ disk. So, I uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Pro. I remove all registry keys related to Topaz video Enhance and once Revo uninstaller has finished, I check that there is nothing left and then I install the new version.

This way, I am sure that the installation is carried out correctly. And all the profiles are still in their locations ā€œC:\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Video Enhance AI modelsā€

1 Like

I wish to ask the developer to provide one zipped file with all models, even if it is 10 GB. Downloading all models by hand or by executing videos is frustrating. Please provide the link.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this, we will log this as a bug

10 seconds per frame? :thinking:

Can you tell us what your input video size is? If you open your preferences are you running in CPU mode or GPU mode?
Can you try maxing out the VRAM usage slider in the preferences and letting us know if that reduces the time for you?

I agree this should be an option to decide the models location during the installation but you can still do it after by modifying at least on Windows the registry :

• [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Video Enhance AI]
  • then you can edit a custom path on the REG_SZ ā€œmodelDirPathā€ value where you would have moved the models folder.
1 Like

We are adding the finishing touches to that feature. Should be out soon.

Did you mean to reply to me? I was questioning a post by harald.de.luca.

If you actually meant to write 10 seconds/frame, something is not right. Your video card should be much, much faster. Did you select your card in preferences?

Hi! Iā€™m having the same blank-models-droplist issue as the other users but Iā€™m on Macā€¦ any suggestion on how to fix it?

Yes. A manual download section for models would be amazing.

1 Like

yes, this is the shortest I can do with the Artemis model. With other models like Gaia, Iā€™m at 19