Video Enhance AI v1.5.1

This series is on Crunchyroll:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/kaiji/episode-1-deparure-626467

It’s available in 480p and 352p. I tried using youtube-dl to download it.

It seems to be fine until the end credits. While it doesn’t have the “jitter” in your sample, it does have interlacing artifacts. The resolution is actually 854x480, so it may be stretched from anamorphic DVD, but in any case, the artifacts are not correctable. I couldn’t get rid of them with any settings in QTGMC. I tried the 640x352 version, and I was able to get rid of more of the interlacing artifacts, but not completely. And this is too low a resolution to be useful for purposes of upscaling IMHO.

Best option would be to try to get ahold of the DVD’s, but given the above, there’s a chance it could still have issues. I don’t see the interlacing artifacts that are on Crunchyroll in your sample, so it may be fine.

There’s no way of knowing how the video you have was made, we can only guess.

Thanks for taking a look into it.
It’s really a headache, I really want to get this series into a nicer looking state, and while I also agree with you that the resolution isn’t doing favors for upscaling, I feel like the chinese upscale is some what of a “proof” that its possible to get a better image… somehow. One thing ive gone and done was track down the author of this chinese upscale by the name of “knownothing” on skyeysnow.com , I’ve sent him a message explaining it all and hope to get something on it from him.

I’ll be getting a hold of a DVD then like you’ve suggested, and then from there I suppose just doing tons of different settings or programs to replicate the chinese upscale until that guy responds. I think that’s all I can do. I really appreciate your help and looking into all this Chase - someday the world is going to get a good looking version of Kaiji : " )

No need to post in more than one place.

Sorry admin. I realize I posted on the wrong place. So i’ll remove the first post.

It has already been removed, other ops are more likely to pick it up in the release thread as the developers might.

Hi Admin. Can you answer my question, please? Will upgrading to a M.2 SSD increase my encoding speed? my speed is 5sec/frame. Thanks

As a mod here all i can say is that processing is dependant on the GPU and a GPU is not constrained by i/o. The M.2 SSD may be faster but it would be minimal compared to a modern GPU with lots of memory and processing cores such as a NVIDIA RTX3080 which has dedicated DDR6 memory and 5,888 CUDA cores for multitasking.