Video AI stuck in minimized state ? (Windows)

Hi, and sorry if this was already discussed in the past.
With the latest version of VEAI, I have the following issue:
When minimized during processing, I can’t reopen the window back, and it stays minimized in the windows taskbar.
Tech support sent me more recent alpha versions of the app, but they act the same.
Do anybody else have the same problem ?
Thanks !

Yes I have the same issue and have had the same issue for a long time now (since many beta versions ago).

My fix is to CTRL+ALT+DEL / end task and then run regedit, go to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI

then set the values for appWin_h and appWin_w in DECIMAL to your desired width/height. Also check appWin_x and appWin_y are set to 0 or some other suitable value for you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Although it doesn’t happen all the time, it is very irritating when it does.
I really hope they fix this.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it’s the only one I can find on this. I’m having this problem on a clean install of Win11 Pro, and the above registry fix does not work for me. I minimize the window and I can never get it back. The only solution is to kill it and restart it, which of course is no kind of solution. I’ve held off on the 3.x series to let bugs get worked out, but it looks like there are still some buggers left.

Any suggestions beyond the above?

Bueller? Bueller?

Hi Alan,

Just wanted to check in and let you know our developers are aware of this bug and we are looking into the cause of the error when restoring the window from minimized state.

Thanks!

Thanks, Tony.

Hi again. Although it’s reassuring the devs are checking into this, it’s already been 6 months since I notified about this issue, so it would be great it is taken care of now.