VEAI drops the last frame of ProRes HQ output

VEAI drops the tail frame when outputting to ProRes HQ. Happens with every model and in both release and beta versions.The only workaround is adding a frame to the tail before exporting a source file, or outputting a numbered frame sequence. Both are a PITA. This is a bug that needs attention. Please fix. Many thanks!

3 Likes

I am experiencing this exact same problem. Using the most current version of Video AI (v3.1.7), as well as in the version before it. I have tried various models and settings, and confirmed that ProRes 422 HQ is the only output setting that has this issue.

It apparently only occurs when using certain input files, but I have been unable to narrow this down further.

@dhl-0413 & @Leon_Chase
Thank you both for taking the time to share this issue with us. This is an issue we are currently looking into. The workaround that @dhl-0413 suggested is the best known work around for the time being.

1 Like

@Leon_Chase @dhl-0413

Just wanted to send a quick update that we are close to resolving this. I will post here once I have a definitive solution.

1 Like

After converting ProRes 3840x2160 to the same resolution, the clip length is shorter by one frame - the last one.
This problem does not occur with a 1920x1080 input, nor does it appear when exporting from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080. The problem only appears with ProRes input.

MacBook Pro.spx (7.5 MB)

We’re working on fully resolving this issue but a temporary fix is possible by disabling Export Previews in the app preferences:

Still an issue with release 3.2.7. This version seems to drop two frames from the end, even when exporting as an image sequence. Disabling export previews did not fix the situation.

Hello,

Could I get a copy of the log files for that output? Our dev team has been trying to narrow down the situations where this happens and it would really help them to see the log for a case like this one.

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging and make sure that there is a check mark next to File Logging. Next, recreate the issue and then return to the Help menu and select > Get Logs for Support and attach the zip file to your reply.

[If you are posting a new bug, please include the following]

1. Video AI chops off last 2 frames of every export
  2. MacOS Ventura 13.0
  3. Logs:

That’s encoders.json not a log :+1:

That’s all it gave me when I clicked “Logs for support”

That another bug found then :+1:

Not quite :slight_smile: This happens when logging is not enabled prior to gathering logs.

Thank you for sharing this with me, it looks like you are using a ProRes encoder. this is a known issue that we are looking into. I merged your thread with the other relevant thread for context.

@shane.hickey

1 Like

You’ll end up with a file that is 2 frames short of the original.

hello you must have a problem somewhere… I don’t miss any images for me

This does not seem to be related to the release. Are you using a ProRes encoder? If so, this is a known issue.

I will merge the thread to the original thread if that is the case.

Yes, I am using ProRes. I’ve encoded to ProRes with all the previous versions and never seen this issue before.

It has been an ongoing issue since v3.0 was released. Most of the time you can avoid this by disabling preview for export (File > Preferences > Output)