V1.5.2 & Simplify

I have 1.5.2 installed and Edges and Quad Tone now in the Adjustments list. Neither show a symbol for the adjustment, only text. Both show Try Pro in blue, but nothing apparent happens when I click. And there is nothing new under Specialty. I own all of the plugins.
Clarity, Impression and Detail appeared with no fuss when they were released.
I see others are saying Studio is crashing when they click on Simplify. Not so with me. Everything seems to be stable.
But where is Simplify to click on?? Try Pro for Edge and Quad Tone are not working.
My Simplify plugin I think is in a bundle deal from years ago. I’m thinking Studio cannot find it to verify my ownership, maybe.

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.5.2
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 388.00
CPU RAM (MB): 16360
VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 4096, 3609
Preview Limit (Pixels): 6184

Can you try restarting Studio 1.5 a couple of times, and let me know if it shows up in the Specialty workflow area?

Thanks!

John, make sure you have the latest version of Simplify updated to the latest version. Then go to Community and switch users and sign in with your password. Next go the help menu and check for updates, this will validate all your plugins.
I hope this will help.

Thanks for the reply Joe.
I’ve had Studio 1.5.2 open many time but it remains the same.

Hello Ricci, please tell me if this is correct or not.
In PFX Lab, Simplify is V4.2. If I try to update, it goes into an error and closes the plugin.
Because the Simplify plug in is no longer available to download, I downloaded the collection of all plugins from my account, after that Simplify remains at 4.2.
I have since opened Studio and checked updates to no effect a half doz or so times.

Yes you have the current version. Did you go to Community up in the task bar and switch users and sign in with your password. Next go the help menu and check for updates, this will validate all your plugins. I would close TS after you do that and open it again and see if you have Simplify presets.

Your last message twigged me to where Community was, in the Task Bar.
I have signed in several times, and the validate plugins and lots of other downloads etc message flash on then off. I then Check for Updates and close Studio. Once reopened, nothing has changed. The Specialty area has Clarity, Detail & Expression and the Try Pro for Edge & Quad Tone only blink at me when clicked.

Looking here at the bottom Topaz Labs
“Confirming Ownership”, when I go to my plugins list, Simplify isn’t listed because it’s in the Bundle 10 from many years ago, and/or the more recent Collection 14.
I’m still thinking Studio cannot find my Simplify plugin to validate my ownership.
But, if this is so, there must be many other users in the same boat, and that doesn’t make sense.

PS Re the issues a few others are having with Studio and Simplify, I differ in that my Edge and Quad Tone icons are missing as well. Only the Text Labels are in the Adjustments list.

I’m guessing that your Simplify purchase being listed in the bundle instead of on its own may be the problem, not being recognized in the verification. It may take a tech manual input, put in a support request.

I also purchased Simplify through a bundle years ago, I haven’t had any issues with this. I think you should submit a ticket with the help center and they can clear it up for you.

Thanks for all of your input.
I have submitted a ticket.

1 Like

I had the same problem. I submitted a ticket but they seem a bit slow in solving these so went in search of the solution myself. In my case I finally managed to get it to work doing a complete reset of studio.

So uninstall studio; go to “c:\users{username}\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs” and rename the folder “Topaz Studio” to say “Topaz Studio Old” (you can probably delete it if you are brave); reinstall Topaz Studio; Sign-in; then after a couple of restarts of Studio and Checking for updates everything was as it should be.

I suspect the issue was some setting hanging around in my user profile that survived reinstalled studio.