Ut Oh, Strange Results - any ideas?

Here is the workflow.
-Took a raw RW2, ran it through new PR SharpenAI, saved as TIF
-Took TIF into TS, cropped, AIC and Basic (only adjusted white/black points), saved as TIFF (since TS doesn’t have TIF)

• Took that TIFF file into new PR Gigapixel, 4x and None, None, don’t change format.
  • Jpeg was ok, but Tif is very weird. Below is a screenshot of the file I brought into Gpxl in the upper left corner.
  • I ran it again in our Beta and received the same results. Also had a friend run it through Gpxl with the same results.

Here is the file I submitted to Gpxl. The forum doesn’t allow upload of Tiff so here is a link that will be active for 20 downloads or 1 day.
https://send.firefox.com/download/d095fe5e71dc0999/#avrAjgh7EHdHyQGUN0qcWg

Just change the extension to TIF in the save dialog.

1 Like

Recreated this. Very strange indeed. @topazjosh Take a look at this. Something in the metadata may be causing the new tif output logic to produce this psychedelic output. I’ll send you the file internally.

1 Like

Ruh-Roh is right! Unless you wanted to create an anime graphic. In which case, it’s cool.

Almost looks like what happens when a Ps Exclusion blend mode gets applied…

Sorry, I got lost in some of the acronyms… not that I can troubleshoot. But wanted to understand what you’re working with.

What is:

• RW2 - Panasonic proprietary raw?
  • AIC
  • TS
  • Assuming PR Sharpen AI is the commercial rel. (is it the 1.1.0? version or whatever the most current version is)
2 Likes

TS Topaz Studio
AIC AI Clear
Yep, all most recent releases

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot this one. Yep, Panasonic proprietary raw.

1 Like

We have figured out what was causing this issue and have a fix in place for it. A patch should be coming soon.

1 Like