User Presets

Hi this is my first post here although I have been using Topaz for a couple years. My question is twofold…

One is how can I get presets from the plug in Impression into studio. I have a couple that I use a lot but Impression is soooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww with the 16x20 inch images I work with. I would rather be using Studio.

Two I just peeked at a tutorial and it mentioned more member user presets available. I cannot find them although I have looked everywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction…

Thanks so much in advance!

Dawn

If you own Impression, it should be listed on the left hand side bar if you downloaded the latest Studio version. Up at the top of the left hand sidebar, there is a people icon reading Public which should bring up all of the uploaded presets.

Ah-ha so there is! Never noticed that before Eleanore thank you!!! :grinning:

There is one that I downloaded when I first installed Impression that is not on the list…and it is truly one I use a lot. It is called Impressionistic by Erin Applebee Photography. I can’t figure a way to get this one into studio. Any ideas?

As far as I know, the old public presets were not picked up in the new version.

So sad to hear that…this one preset works for so many of my art pieces. Guess I will just have to deal with the sloth speed of Impression if I need it.

Thanks so much for your time and help Eleanore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dawn, your video card (GPU) must be really slow. Impression takes a couple seconds at most for me but is dependent on the size of the picture.

I work with 16x20 originals. In studio it works just fine but he plug in takes a long time to render

When I go from Affinity Photo and select the Impression plugin, it opens inside Studio. I increased a picture to 6000 x 6000 pixels (36 Mpx) and used impression and it still responded quickly. You might try in the preferences of Studio, setting the preview quality to Medium. It seems to sped up the previews.

Ok that is why there is a bit of confusion. I still have the stand alone plugin that I am forced to use for quite a few images because there isn’t a way to import a few presets I had made in the old Impression into studio.

Studio works great…just wish I could get those handful of presets in Studio Impression and I would be a happy camper :confused:

If you are still able to access those favorite presets in the standalone, I wonder if you can capture their parameters and create new ones.

Eleanore I don’t remember the base preset I used to create the one I use most, and the other one I like a lot I think was a community upload. But I will try to see if I can figure out what they are and create new ones in Studio. Certain ones just work well for my wildlife art :slight_smile: Thank you so much for checking back :smile:

1 Like