Updater and installer don't work

I have 2 relatively new computers, both HPs
One Spectre x360 laptop and a Z240 Workstation. Both have Windows 10 and both have all the operating system updates applied.
Every time there is a update to any of the Topaz products I own it fails to work. Even on a clean boot (Computer powered off - wait a few minutes - power back on wait a few minutes for the boot process to finish) Load the Topaz product that gave the message that there is a update available, and then perform update. Fails every time. I have turn in many tickets on this but all I get is the caned answer they are making improvements to the updater/installer and ask me to be patient. This has been going on for months, maybe a year, no improvement.
I have many other software products at least 4 other image processing/enhancing products as well as other software all of them update with out a hitch.
For Topaz products I have to follow the following procedure.

1. Use Windows to uninstall the Topaz product that has a update available
  2. Download the new install file from Topaz
  3. Shut the computer down wait restart the computer wait
  4. Run the install program.
    Also sometimes I have to repeat steps 3 and 4 several times before it will work.
    Topaz puts a lot of effort into coming out with new products they can sell but little to know effort into fixing the problems they have. Very poor customer support in my opinion.

Hi,

A couple of things to do to provide a little information:

• Post a screenshot of when it fails
  • Check Event Manager and see if there are any application errors/warnings pertaining to the installer, and post it here
  • Make sure you run the installer using administrator access
  • Make sure your Firewall & Network protection isn’t blocking the application

In regards to these applications there isn’t a full installer as they rely on communications to download the components during install.

AiDon

— Post a screenshot of when it fails
In the tickets I provided in-depth information on what happens and what I have to do to get the new version. This includes screen shots and Dxdiag files for both computers.

— Make sure you run the installer using administrator access
I always run with administrator access

— Make sure your Firewall & Network protection isn’t blocking the application
My firewall and network are not the problem, the components download just fine.

— In regards to these applications there isn’t a full installer as they rely on communications to download the components during install.
The installer grinds to a halt when it tries to remove the old files after the downloads have finished. I have left it running for 2 hours and it is still removing old files. I have the “Details” displayed and the installer is very slowly removing files sometimes it waits a minute or more to remove a file. All this and more has been explained in the tickets I have turned in.

— Check Event Manager and see if there are any application errors/warnings pertaining to the
installer, and post it here
There are no errors or warnings the installer is basically doing nothing for long periods of time.

As I stated in my post, I have many other software products at least 4 other image processing/enhancing products as well as other software all of them update without a hitch. So why can’t the Topaz team get this fixed? Keep in mind that it happens on 2 different computers I own both HPs both Windows 10. Also I have helped others through this very frustrating problem. I am in many image processing groups and this comes up. Topaz is getting bad PR from it. It turns people off.
I am very disappointed with Topaz - As I said in my original post they put a lot of resources into new products they can sell but not enough into fixing the problems they have.

I have a HP, Toshiba and Sony … all Windows 10 but don’t have any issues. That was also why I was asking for details because there is something different about your PCs that is causing an issue.

AiDon you are completely missing the point

Of course there is something different about my PCs. Almost every PC is different in some way. BUT
All the Adobe programs (at least 5 different programs), several Corel programs, Landscape Pro, Particle shop editor, Affinity Photo, and numerous other software programs all install and update without a problem. And as I have help others with this Topaz problem I know I am not the only one. Also in one of the replies to a request they said this is a known problem. It has been ongoing for about a year. I have given them screen shots DxDiag files and other information. Everything they have asked for and more. Yet after 9+ months the installer and updater still have problems.