Update file trying to install to non existent drive

Trying to install the latest update but the update fails as its trying to install to drive G: which doesn’t exist on my PC - the selection of G: appears to be automatic/default

Steps to reproduce issue:

1.download update file
2. run update file by double click
3. update file fails with the message in the screenshot

Topaz Photo AI v1.3 on Windows 11

Have you previously installed Topaz Photo AI on the G: drive and then uninstalled?

Hi, No, I’ve never had a G drive on this machine. I can’t find my copy of photo AI in my list of installed applications either maybe I deleted it - would uninstalling the suite of programs and deleting the registry entries and doing a complete fresh install help?

Just delete the following key then you should be able to select where to install, maybe it is corrupted:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI

Thanks’ I’ll give it a go and report back

Nope, sorry, didn’t work, slight difference on the messages from the PC, I got a "preparing to install " pop up which didnt happen previously then after a pause of around 15 seconds then reverted to the failed to install to drive G popups seen previously

You can either wait for support to pick it up here or raise a support request at the main website.

There is a chat icon in the lower right of the pages on the website you can use. Make sure popups are enabled in your browser.

thanks

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1

The same when uninstall

2. Step 2

3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Thanks for the input - I’ve managed to resolve the issue successfully.

It seems that windows 11 was assigning the drive letter :I to one of my drives. On interrogating the drive I found the PhotoAI application. I reassigned the drive as drive :G using the windows disk management software and ran the V1.3 update file again which successfully found drive G: and completed its install - happy days!

thanks for all your help and suggestions everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.