Unable to reinstall any Topaz app

I can install any of the Topaz apps without any problem - but only once. If, for any reason, I try to reinstall any Topaz app that has a .MSI installer it fails with the following message:

Snap 2024-04-26 at 12.00.46

Any of the earlier versions with .exe installers will install without a problem. I assume there’s something on my PC that the Topaz installers don’t like (I further assume that I’m the only person with this problem). I can fix the issue by resetting my PC (Windows 10) but obviously I don’t want to do that every time I want to reinstall something. Finally, this only applies to Topaz apps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you try to run a .msi installer for an app that has already been installed you should get this:

Screenshot 1

The only time I’ve had .msi installers produce an error was when windows was already installing something else through the windows installer service (only one installation can be run at a time).

Sorry, I should have made it clearer but I’m trying to reinstall an app that I’ve previously installed successfully and then uninstalled.

Never had that problem as far as I can remember. I can only suggest trying this troubleshooter:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d