TVEAI 3x.. Presets V1, V2

Only just discovered these and am looking forward to giving them a try!

Do they work properly for version 3.1.10?

I Just used DVDto1080 v1 and it still works on 3.1.10.

from technical prospective, it works with any version.
results might vary in case Topaz decides to tweak the values of each filter to result different results then before.

For example: if ā€œremove noiseā€ value of ā€œ1ā€ would remove noise at a certain strength and you increment the values expecting a a certain results based on what you increased (or decreased). and topaz decides to tweaks in future versions that ā€œremove noiseā€ value of ā€œ1ā€ now removes more noise then before or removes less noise then before, so the numbers you used to use up until now would results differently then what you used to get.
I donā€™t know if topaz changes those type of things, but it is a potential change you should be aware of. and if it will be changed, you will need to re-tweaks the values you used to use to adopt the changes to get the same results you were used to get.

Yes, I tried it last night and got really good results.

The reason I ask is that I have just started using the program. I donā€™t know exactly how the settings work, so I wanted to get some ideas.

Hey guys, iā€™m back :slight_smile:
Now the new update for Proteus for new version 4 - 1080p to 4K here:
ProteusV4_1080to4K .zip (844 Bytes)

2 Likes

what is the difference between the two Proteus? is it so much different?

Hi! I was wondering if this preset works well for modern 1080p anime? :slight_smile:

for Anime I would suggest Gaia CG AI.

Hello @Akila ,

I created a ā€œpresetsā€ folder in the directory you wrote (specifically I:\Programs\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\presets since I installed Topaz Labs on a different drive than you did), I dropped the .jsons into the folder, then I restarted my computer, but I do not see the presets in the drop down menu. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

that is because the preset folder is not located where you install Topaz Video AI.
the preset folder is on your C drive , " ProgramData" folder. and you shouldnā€™t need to create a folder, itā€™s already there. if you see you need to create the folder, it means you are at the wrong location.

1 Like

I am surprised that Topaz installed things on my C drive. I thought I set both directors to my much larger L drive. You are spot on, I see the directory now. Thank you for helping a noob out!

1 Like

they do some basic stuff on C drive, that parent folder on C drive takes little space.

Could you provide some tests with before-and-after image captures or video links? Iā€™m currently working on similar projects involving the conversion of DVD to 1080p and Betacam to 1080p, and Iā€™m interested in seeing the results. So far, with version 3.2.5, it has worked well with analog 35mm footage, but there is still room for improvement with early digital material. Itā€™s also important to consider whether any optical filters were used that may have caused aberrations or distortions. Regarding deinterlacing, Iā€™d like to know the preferred method, whether using Premiere or another program, or directly through Topaz. Betacam has different types of interlacing. I believe there is potential to further fine-tune the process.

You can use the preset 4kUltraHD from the first pack with the new model Iris on the last bĆŖta TVEAI. Itā€™s work and the render is very great. This just information for all :+1::wink:

Hi, does anyone know how I use the preset file under Mac setup?

Actually not information for all but only for the beta testersā€¦

I downloaded it. Now where do I put it? wheres the tutorial for this, please help

To use the preset all you need to do is copy the files (JSON) to ā€œ%programdata%\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\presets ā€ (i.e. C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\presets ).
thatā€™s it you good to goā€¦