TVAI v3.5.2 Win version - turning off 'Include Live Preview' will cause all encodes to error

I recently upgraded to v3.5.2 (Windows version) and have spotted that if I disable the ‘Include Live Preview’ option on the Output Settings then as soon as I try and encode using any preset (custom or default) then they will immediately error.

If I then turn it back on it will still error, it’s only if I restart the app and leave that setting alone will it work fine. I have done clean installs but the issue still remains.

The equivalent Mac version is unaffected by this bug.

I would like to add this issue is occurring also in the Windows release of v3.5.3 and this is despite doing a full uninstall of the app, including related registry entries and the associated ProgramData sub folder, so as clean an install that I can knowingly do.

Hello,
Could you send us an email at help@topazlabs.com with the full log files from the app?

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging and make sure that there is a check mark next to File Logging. Next, recreate the issue and then return to the Help menu and select > Get Logs for Support and attach the “logsForSupport” file to your reply.

Hi Tony,

Not sure if you would be aware but I’ve been speaking to Ida directly and the suggestion he passed on to change the AI Processor setting to ‘Auto’ from ‘All GPUs’ has fixed the issue in all the versions (including the v4 betas) I’ve recently had issue with.

Does this mean that the ‘All GPUs’ option is now off the table as I’ve used that setting since it has been available and not had a problem (as my laptop has both NVIDIA and Intel GPUs) until now and it has been useful to squeeze a bit more performance when encoding?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.