TPAI Window still poorly designed

I have many Ps plugins and Topaz Photo AI is the only one that behaves poorly. The TPAI Plugin window often is in the way, or will not close once I’ve finished with Photo AI. Do you people not know how to test software yourself. I am not going to run tests for you, that’s your job. I’m paying for support and I expect you to do your job and test and then fix problems.

In case you are interested, this problem has occurred on the past several versions and I’m running the Photo AI as a Photoshop plugin on Windows 10.

Please follow the steps below to reset your Photoshop plugin.

1. Close Photoshop fully.
  2. Run the Topaz Photo AI installer again. Get a new one from the downloads page: Topaz Labs Downloads
  3. Open Photoshop Elements and check the File > Automate > Topaz Photo AI plugin again.

Let me know if those steps get it working again.

Topaz Labs Documentation | Topaz Photo AI | Plugin | Photoshop & Photoshop Elements

In step 3 you mention Photoshop Elements. I am running Photoshop CC 2024.

What is the difference between File > Automate > Topaz Photo AI and Filter > Topaz Lab > Topaz Photo AI?

The problem with the TPAI window is that it originally would block the Photo AI window on a 3-monitor Windows system, it seems like some of that problem has been fixed, but sometimes, Photo A.I. will not update Photoshop until I manually close that window. Admittedly the latest version is better than previous ones, but I have many Ps plugins and Photo A.I. is the only one that has this kind of message window that interferes with the operation.

Thanks for your ideas.

My apologies for the typo with Photoshop Elements, the directions are intended for Photoshop.

File > Automate allows for upscaling and cropping. The Filter Plugin does not allow upscaling and cropping.

Far too often Photo A.I. fails to load with a message: “Could not start TPAI. Contact support if the issue continues.” It continues but you don’t help with contacting support. Why not prepare a log file and ask the user if they want to send it to support?

I have a lot of Photoshop plugins including most Topaz products and Photo A.I. is the only one with bad manners.

If you are still experiencing problems please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Of course I’ll have problems until you fix them. The link you provided says that “Oour documentation is moving to docs.topazlabs.com” and nothing that helps me.

Support for fixing my problem is non-existent.

I just received On1 NoNoise plug-in and will use it instead.

I finally found “Fixing Error Loading Model” (your link was not specific to that). I’m not having a problem processing images, I’m having a problem with your stupid auxiliary program/application/popup that misbehaves. It’s poorly written and behaves differently over time. Sometimes it partially hides the image I’m working on, sometimes I can’t complete the processing until I manually close down that pop-up window. And … if I decide not to make any changes, I can’t just X-out. The pop-up will remain open and force me to use the Task Manager to kill the errant software. This is high-school grade stuff. It really detracts from the quality of Photo A.I. I’m paying an annual fee for support but am not getting any attention to this problem. I know you folks probably turn your noses up at PC problems, but I would imagine that a substantial percentage of your sales are for the PC version.

Disappointed with Topaz,

Duane Moore

On both the Topaz Labs Support Page and the Topaz Labs Documentation there is an option on the bottom right to send a support message to our team.

What good will that do if you don’t respond to the problem?

This topic was automatically closed after 51 days. New replies are no longer allowed.