Touchdown

as I was posting this I had a sudden thought it might work by inverting the colours … so I used Gimp to do so and to colourise it.

Can anyone tell me how to change a black and white image to a white and black image in Studio.

5 Likes

I guess inverting the Tone Curve is the easiest way …

2 Likes

What about trying Restyle?

1 Like

I don’t think it is possible as ReStyle is a HSL app … and the invert command in PS etc is just curve.

1 Like

I wasn’t actually thinking about ‘invert’ more using the colour changes within Restyle and then using the sliders to increase or decrease different colours effects. There are quite a lot of Black and White presets in Restyle and I thought it might be possibke to adapt one of those.

1 Like

Actually succeeded to do this using the colour mixer in Detail - close the eye on Precision detail and Basic adjustments and then chnage the choice on Colour Mixer to Monochrome. then playing with the sliders you can get variations on B&W or W&B.

NO IMAGE

The blending mode was exclusion

1 Like

I have real problems with this website - Picture disappeared - so here is the result

1 Like

It would be good for the forum community if you could post the B&W image, the inverted image and the steps you took to invert the black and white in Studio.

1 Like

Thanks Don … that’s what I was looking for … will have to give it a go.

1 Like

Thanks Angie I will have a go

@ShazzyCo
I gave it a try and came up with the same suggestion as @AiDon. Then I use the basic adjustments to fine tune it. You can also use the Sat/Temp & Tint sliders too get different color results. And of course maybe adding some other adjustments will make it even better.

Here are my screen grabs with settings using your image:

Thank you John, very helpful … heading over to studio now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Original image

Then opened in Studio (within PS) and go to Detail.

In Basic Adjustments Desaturate to give you a B&W image.

In Colour Mixer using these settings the B&W is inverted

Adjusting the settings will give you more varations but the blending mode does have to be exclusion. As you are in the Detail section more precision can be sdded with either Precision Detail and basic Adjustments.

2 Likes